What's new

iPhone 5 what would you like to see different?

csdalton said:
iPhone 5 may have a projected keyboard that you could use and type on any surface you may like to type on.

What do you mean by projected keyboard???

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Well projected keyboard is I think a long time rumor that exists in the iPhone world that the iPhone will once turn to the use of keyboard using a hologram type of keyboard. i mean with the help of rays a virtual keyboard will be made on any given surface and we will touch the buttons on that virtual keyboard and the keyboard will be image sensitive that will pick the area where we touched the keyboard and use it as an input.
but I dont think iphone 5 will have anything like that, Apple inc is stuck in the competition with the samsung galaxy, due to which they cannot afford to have any trial based stuff. I hope you agree with me on this!

peterthomas said:
Well projected keyboard is I think a long time rumor that exists in the iPhone world that the iPhone will once turn to the use of keyboard using a hologram type of keyboard. i mean with the help of rays a virtual keyboard will be made on any given surface and we will touch the buttons on that virtual keyboard and the keyboard will be image sensitive that will pick the area where we touched the keyboard and use it as an input.
but I dont think iphone 5 will have anything like that, Apple inc is stuck in the competition with the samsung galaxy, due to which they cannot afford to have any trial based stuff. I hope you agree with me on this!

I do agree. Although I think it is a VERY cool feature and I would buy it JUST for that feature alone, I don't think we will be seeing anything like this in the iPhone 5. Maybe 7 or 8!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I think its a bit too soon to say we will have some sort of "projected keyboard" Our technology has come along way but i think its a bit to soon for that.

What i personally would like to see is the iPhone 5 having some sort of beveled back housing sort of like the ipad 2. I recently ordered a back for my 4s and i hope this gets implemented so we can hold it a bit better and have a better feel in our hands

There used to be a keyboard that projected a laser keyboard on any surface. Can't remember the name, but I bought it one time at Fry's just to give it a try and take it back, wasn't worth a damn in my opinion....too hard to type.

I can imagine the whole screen being projected, so say onto the car windscreen.

Would using that option count as a 'hands free'? Would there be more car crashes because of blondes using as a mirror to put on their slap?

Would there be more road rage due to perceived rude remarks about others driving blasted across the back screen?

I thing exciting times are ahead lol!

peterthomas said:

I do agree with you but I heard this roomer from a friend that has a friend that works for apple and told my friend so that's how I came about this roomer and so it came from the inside.

I want a smart cover. I love that feature on my iPad! Don't know how they could work it in but it would be very cool

I would like a flashing red LED notification for a unread messages.

zipur said:
I want a smart cover. I love that feature on my iPad! Don't know how they could work it in but it would be very cool

What exactly is that im not familiar with the iPad?

Naper said:
I would like a flashing red LED notification for a unread messages.

I would honestly get the new iPhone for that and also what would be good is bluetooth that actually worked!!!!

Honestly... w/ Apples track record on the last 4 iPhone releases, we're sure to see an external redesign. That's what I'm looking forward to w/ the next release. Possibly stepping up to 1GB of ram... that would also be nice. :) Flashing red LED isn't going to help me much since I'm color blind.. LOL!!! And a projected keyboard... come one people, this isn't Star Trek.

thomasjtsi said:
Honestly... w/ Apples track record on the last 4 iPhone releases, we're sure to see an external redesign. That's what I'm looking forward to w/ the next release. Possibly stepping up to 1GB of ram... that would also be nice. :) Flashing red LED isn't going to help me much since I'm color blind.. LOL!!! And a projected keyboard... come one people, this isn't Star Trek.

It's not yet you have to admit that that advancements in technology are greatly increasing and they have been for the last ten years. But one gb of ram would be nice. I'm also looking forward to a redesign