What's new

Iphone 5 vertical lines/battery issue.

kingdoherty1

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought an Iphone 5 from amazon, It seemed to be working fine, but after having it for a few weeks I have noticed that the battery drains really quickly, I checked my serial number and found that I was eligible for a free battery replacement as my phone was in the small percentage with faulty batteries, I have followed the link from this page: iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program - Apple Support "Apple Retail Store - Make an appointment here." but it doesn't seem to take me anywhere to make an actual appointment. I'm also now getting white vertical lines across my screen, that are becoming more and more often. My screen sometimes goes negative in colour too.

The only thing I seem to be able to find that is to pay £25 to contact apple, but I don't want to have to pay this, can anyone advise me on what to do? or how to make an appointment with the store.

Hi, I recently bought an Iphone 5 from amazon, It seemed to be working fine, but after having it for a few weeks I have noticed that the battery drains really quickly, I checked my serial number and found that I was eligible for a free battery replacement as my phone was in the small percentage with faulty batteries, I have followed the link from this page: iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program - Apple Support "Apple Retail Store - Make an appointment here." but it doesn't seem to take me anywhere to make an actual appointment. I'm also now getting white vertical lines across my screen, that are becoming more and more often. My screen sometimes goes negative in colour too.

The only thing I seem to be able to find that is to pay £25 to contact apple, but I don't want to have to pay this, can anyone advise me on what to do? or how to make an appointment with the store.
When you tap the Here link, tap the Get Help Now link near the top of the Apple page, select the proper device on the next page and make your Genius Bar appointment.

When you show up for your appointment, Apple will verify that your iPhone is eligible for the free battery replacement and will do it on the spot. It generally takes about half an hour. You can wait or come back later.

You're welcome. Let us know how it works out.

BTW, the lines on your display could be early signs of a screen failure and would have to be repaired at your cost. The repair, if necessary, can be discussed at your Genius Bar appointment and they'll tell you how much it will cost.