What's new

iPhone 5 use nano sim card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingo296

Reaction score
I am plan and wait to buy an iPhone 5. but it seems the iphone 5 use a nano sim card, i am not in USA, so how could i use the iPhone 5 with no nano sim card? Anybody has this problem too? Can the sim be cutted to nano sim and work on iPhone 5?

I would suspect that once the iPhone 5 ( or whatever they call it) has been out for a while, you will be able to get a nano sim, might even find your local retailer has them..
Don't think you will be able to cut it down

if iphone 5 release, all accessories for iphone 5 will be coming. don't worry about it.

The sim Can be cutted to nano sim and work on iPhone 5 ,,, the iPhone 5 Nano SIM Cutter was already in the market moderator edit just for your reference,hope it can help you....lol i am also a iphone fan ,,cant wait to get a iphone5 soon:iphone4half:

Last edited by a moderator:
please refrain from posting external links,thank you.

Dear Poisonivy,,thanks for your reminder,,i just give an answer. lol sometimes , if no external links , i do not know how to describe the question better.

Last edited:
Tolgar said:
The sim Can be cutted to nano sim and work on iPhone 5 ,,, the iPhone 5 Nano SIM Cutter was already in the market moderator edit just for your reference,hope it can help you....lol i am also a iphone fan ,,cant wait to get a iphone5 soon:iphone4half:

My carrier told me the nano sim is thinner than the micro sim and because of the micro sim's thickness, it will not fit into the iPhone 5's sim tray/slot when trimmed down in the other two dimensions. I don't know if this is true or not.
But my carrier will swap sims for me at no charge.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Since we've established that the iPhone 5 does indeed use the "nano sim"... we'll go ahead and CLOSE this thread. Thanks!! Thomasjtsi, iPF Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.