What's new

iphone 5 storage

kyljr

Reaction score
my iphone has 5G memory and I can see very little I have use yet it says I have used 4.8 geg. I have tried the itune rent a movie thing but it helped almost none. Any help would be great.

5Gb? Sounds like you're looking at iCloud storage, not phone capacity. Smallest 5s is 16Gb of which around 4Gb is used by iOS and native apps.

Sorry. Misread your post and thought I saw 5s. I see now that you only mention iPhone 5. Doesn't change my response though.

5Gb? Sounds like you're looking at iCloud storage, not phone capacity. Smallest 5s is 16Gb of which around 4Gb is used by iOS and native apps.
It is a 5c has 5gb memory and is not an iCloud issue

It is a 5c has 5gb memory and is not an iCloud issue
There was no iPhone 5C released with 5GB of storage. The iPhone 5C came in 8, 16, and 32GB storage options. The memory, also known as RAM, is 1GB.

When you go to Settings>General>About and scroll down to capacity, what goes it say?

According to Apple Insider, the iPhone 5C with 8GB only had 4.9 GB available for usage. You need to factor in the operating system. It means cutting back on any superfluous Apps.