What's new

IPhone 5 showing wrong network name

kumar_kodati

Reaction score
Hello!

Iam using Iphone 5 versioned ios 8.3
I'm using Idea network. Due to some reason, i have removed my Idea sim and placed Vodafone sim. After done with the Vodafone sim, i have replaced back my Idea sim. But still the network is showing Vodafone. I have checked the settings and default automatic settings are already turned on. , but still the network is showing Vodafone instead of Idea. I checked with my network provider and they said everything is correct and the network is pointing to Idea only. I tried the same trick by placing Airtel sim in my mobile. But still showing Vodafone. Not sure what is wrong with my phone. After trying several times, i finally decided to upgrade the ios version. Even after upgrading to ios 8.3 , still the problem exists. Still the network is showing Vodafone. What needs to be done to make my phone to show correct network?

Suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

-Kumar

Try a hard reset, Hold down your on/off button and Home button at the same time until the apple appears then let go.

If that fails try resetting your Network settings.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Kumar!

Is there a Vodafone profile installed in Settings - General - Profiles? If so, delete the profile. This should help showing the right network on your iPhone.

Hello!

Thanks for the suggestions.
I tried hard reset and resetting network settings as well. Still the problem exists. I mean still it is showing Vodafone instead of Idea network.

I did tried to delete the profile, but strangely I didn't find Profiles option under Settings - General. Please let me know where can I find the Profiles option in Iphone5.

Thanks!
Kumar

If you can't find the Profile option in Settings - General, there's no profile installed.

Go to Settings - General - About. Maybe there's an update for your carrier settings. In that case, a popup will appear after a few seconds, and ask you if you would like to update. Update the carrier settings. Maybe that'll help.

Last edited:
Hi

Tried checking in 'About' option. All the fields are readonly and I didn't see any popup popping even after waiting for some time.

Try Settings>General>Reset (scroll all the way down to find this)>Reset Network Settings.

I suggested t
Try Settings>General>Reset (scroll all the way down to find this)>Reset Network Settings.
I suggested to the OP that he Reset Network Settings.
It didn't help.