What's new

iPhone 5 - Messages between me and one other person is messed up

ConorRS

Reaction score
The text messages between me and another person keep messing up, my texts would send and say they were delivered but the person would never get them and it works the other way sometimes too, they will send a text but it won't come through, sometimes if I send a text it will trigger the other message to come through but if not then it won't come through at all, this doesn't happen all the time but it happens a lot and I can't work out why, can anyone please tell me a way to fix this please

First, are you using iMessage or SMS? When you text with that person, does it show blue or green? Is this other person entered in your phone as a contact? Any problems texting anyone else? Try this: You and the other person delete all threads between the two of you. Both of you (if iPhone users) go to Settings >Messages >Toggle OFF iMessage. Then go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset Network Settings >Tap that. Your phone will reboot and you will have to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards. Then Toggle iMessage back on. If the other person does not use an iPhone, both of you delete all your threads. Then you do the other actions. Let us know how that works.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

First, are you using iMessage or SMS? When you text with that person, does it show blue or green? Is this other person entered in your phone as a contact? Any problems texting anyone else? Try this: You and the other person delete all threads between the two of you. Both of you (if iPhone users) go to Settings >Messages >Toggle OFF iMessage. Then go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset Network Settings >Tap that. Your phone will reboot and you will have to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards. Then Toggle iMessage back on. If the other person does not use an iPhone, both of you delete all your threads. Then you do the other actions. Let us know how that works.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Hey Led,

Thanks for replying! It is on SMS and she has a Samsung phone. She is entered in my phone as a contact, nope I've never had any problems with anyone else. Is the only way you recommend to delete the threads?

Thanks,
Conor

Do you have "Send as SMS" turned on in Messages?

Settings>Messages>Send as SMS>ON

Also, make sure to scroll down and make sure you have MMS messaging turned on as well.

Do you have "Send as SMS" turned on in Messages?

Settings>Messages>Send as SMS>ON

Also, make sure to scroll down and make sure you have MMS messaging turned on as well.

Hey,

Yeah I've got everything turned on already :/

Thanks,
Conor

Have you tried deleting her as a contact, then add her as a new contact the next time she sends you a message? Maybe her stored contact info is corrupted in some way that a deletion and re-entry would help?