What's new

iPhone 5 lag & iCloud & Whatsapp issues

moneybaby

Reaction score
for the past few days my iPhone 5 was very laggy, it turned off twice by itself and was stuck on the white Apple logo screen so I updated the iOS to the latest version available, 10.3.3. My phone kept having issues and I thought about logging out and logging into iCloud to try to fix the issue, thinking maybe it would make it better. When I did so, my Whatsapp wouldn’t work anymore, it said it was gonna try to recover chat history, couldn’t and now says I have to delete and reinstall the app. My notes from 2015-upwards are also gone and my phone is still very slow.

Is there any way I can get my Whatsapp conversations back? I haven’t deleted the app so it must still be in there.
And how can I fix those lag & iCloud issues?

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If the notes were synced by iCloud, login to www.icloud.com on a computer, and go to Notes. If they are there, they can be retrieved. It might need a bit longer until they all arrive on your iPhone again. That depends on the amount of notes you’ve created there.

Also, there should be a Recently Deleted folder in the Notes app on your iPhone, in case they were removed. It should be possible to get them back from there.

You’ll have to remove the app in order to get your chats back.

Before you delete Whatsapp, make sure there’s a most recent backup where your conversations are included. In Whatsapp, tap Settings at the bottom, then select Chats, and go to Chat Backup. You’ll see the time and date of the last backup there.
E24BFDE8-4CD6-467B-8753-65678EE5EC9D.jpeg

That done, remove the app, then reinstall it.
After entering your phone number, you should get this option:
3C3A72D0-1458-43F6-A0B5-2498041F682F.jpeg

Tap “Restore Chat History”.
The conversations will reappear immediately, if your Wi-Fi connection or other network connection is good. Media will be restored afterwards. This might need a while, depending on the amount and size of the files.

Hope that helps.