What's new

iPhone 5 keypad not as responsive as 4S?

TheWirelessCartel

Reaction score
Lately I've been having trouble typing on my iPhone 5. The keyboard doesn't seem to be as responsive to touch when typing quickly. Anyone else experiencing this or is it all in my head?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Mine is just the opposite. Very sensitive. In fact my notes disappeared earlier today due to light touch.

Huh. That's a first. Just got mine a few days ago and the only thing that's really ticking my timer is the diagonal scrolling. Everything else seems fine to me

It's starting to feel a little bit more on point as I continue to use it. But every once in a while it will skip a letter if I click it to quickly. I never had this issue with my 4S. Maybe it's just me.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Can confirm this, i type really fast and sometimes its skipping one ore two letters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed with mine that the keys just at the end of the keypad are not very sensitive I have to press them twice to get what I want, the other keys seem fine though.

Why is everyone typing when you can just talk? Well, I suppose sometimes you gotta type. I know there are times I have to.

Not a speed typist and last phone was Android. Works fine for me.

Cos' iphone is not selling only i english language countrys

I've noticed with mine that the keys just at the end of the keypad are not very sensitive I have to press them twice to get what I want, the other keys seem fine though.

This is where I had issues as well. The sides of the keypad in portrait mode.

I feel my keyboard actually responds better with my 5!

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.