What's new

iphone 5 glass just cracked?

sizzler

Reaction score
i just had a new screen and front camera/proximity cable installed on iphone 5 friday night....
i hadn't been gone for 5 minutes and i heard the screen make like a cracking/popping noise...
a couple minutes later i pulled into gas station and looked at phone...the glass had one crack going across screen.....the crack was right above where the camera and proximity flex ribbon they installed was at..
i called them right after this happen, but they were gone already since they stayed past when they closed to fix all this for me....i left message but later found out that people can't hear me talking now cause something broke on inside...i ended up arguing with lady cause she said she isn't going give me my money back and i'm just out.....i made my point and ended up getting money back, but had to pay a
$35 dollar restocking fee and do a bunch of arguing...........she said this in noway was this their fault....I COMPLETELY DISAGREED!!
it was one crack across top of glass almost like a smiley face...was it wrong to argue with her about this...why would this happen.....any suggestions are appreciated........

she then told me.... "no disrespect, but she don't want any of my business anymore and would like me to never come back"....

i figure the flex ribbon was bound up when they installed it and just me touching the touch screen caused to much pressure....
not sure

It was likely a dress fracture, most likely caused by an incorrect install. I don't think they should have charged any kind of a restocking fee in the case of a defective repair.

With an attitude like that, I'm surprised that that repair shop hasn't gone bust.