What's new

Iphone 5 continuous reboot

darkschneider94

Reaction score
Hey gentlemen and ladies,

I thought I would pick the mind of some guru techies and see if you can help me solve this issue.

I have a iphone 5 I was asked to look at. and it took a good fall. it was working but one night it shut off and now you plug it in or try to start it and the apple screen come on and then reboots. is their a way that i can somehow get into this phone and revocery the data off of it. I ordered a new screen and battery to put in it and i know i can put it into recovery mode, but the problem is this person is one of the many people who dont back up their phone. Is their any way that i could recover the data from this phone.

Thank you
smile_osx.png

Did you try jail breaking it? It could be bricked.

-Sent from Samsung Galaxy Alpha

No this phone was not jail broken the girl who owned this not very good with computer just the minimal stuff. and honestly she probably doesnt know you can even do that. I was gonna replace the screen for her and now the phone just in a boot loop even when you plug it into the computer iTunes doesn't pick it up and the apple screen comes up and then goes blank. how would something like
easeUS ios data recovery work or dr. Fone. The phone will go into that recovery mode if i hold down the menu button but i dont want to do that first unless i can get the data off it.

Doing a full restore is your best bet. As for your data, your going to have to lose all of it.

yeah that what i was thinking the outcome would be sadly. thought i see if i could find anything else before i had to go down that route.

Try to reset it, maybe this will end the reboot loop: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, let go of both and let the iPhone power up.

If this works, you'll be able to back it up to iTunes or iCloud, without the need to use software to get this done.

In case it doesn't help: Tenorshare's ReiBoot (software) promises to get iDevices out of reboot loop. That means you'd be able to backup afterwards, if it works. It's only available for Windows, afaik.

Last edited:
Try to use copy trans software to hopefully get your data backed up.

So far no avail with anything :( i just installed a new battery today, later this week when i have time i plan to put the new glass on.

Ive tired easeus ios data recovery and when i put it into DFU mode
Dropbox - pic1.png
Dropbox - pic2.png

same result when i use dr. fone wondershare
Dropbox - pic3.png

I've posted a video here to so you guys can see whats going on.
Dropbox - IMG 0670.MOV

Thank you all for all your input so far. I appreciate it.