What's new

iPhone 5 bluetooth not working

Frogwings

Reaction score
Hi! I have an iPhone 5 and have been trying to sync 2 devices with it without success. The devices will sync with my iPads but not with the phone. I have turned on Bluetooth on the phone to no avail. Can the bluetooth system on the phone be damaged or just plain failing?

Thanks!

If they can pair with your iPad, they should also be able to pair with your iPhone.

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software is 9.2. If your iPhone doesn't have iOS 9.2 installed, update it.

If these devices still are paired with your iPad, unpair them. Turn off Bluetooth on your iPad and try to pair them with your iPhone again.

Restart your iPhone and the devices, then try pairing them again.

If nothing works, contact Apple Support, or take your iPhone to the next Apple Retail store.

If they can pair with your iPad, they should also be able to pair with your iPhone.

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software is 9.2. If your iPhone doesn't have iOS 9.2 installed, update it.

If these devices still are paired with your iPad, unpair them. Turn off Bluetooth on your iPad and try to pair them with your iPhone again.

If nothing works, contact Apple Support, or take your iPhone to the next Apple Retail store.

Thank you J.A.! I got it working!