What's new

iPhone 5 Battery Charge

Ofir

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my brand new iPhone 5, and this time - I wanted to do everything right...
So I was wondering if there's a recommended way to charge my iPhone.

When should I? Should I let it drain to 0%? Can I just charge it whenever?
I actually found some articles about that on the web, but every site says something else and it's pretty confusing (also, alot of tech I don't understand).

I would really appreciate if you can tell me the best way to keep my battery alive and well.

Thanks,
Ofir

Amen!

Actually there is something that you can do for battery life. Allow the battery to discharge to 10% and then give it a full charge.

This will not improve your battery, what it does is calibrates the OS to see about how much time to expect in battery life. This is from Skull, he says it, I believe it.

Or you can just do what codysanborn says because since I did this I didn't see any changes in my battery life. Expect on average use to get a days worth of life, plan on recharging when you sleep at night. And if you see have really bad battery life initially it's probably because you're playing with it a lot. Usage = Less battery life. :)

Hook you said it brotha!

I do the calibration maybe 3 times a year lmao or let it die.

I'm debating on keeping my new Max hd or get a iPhone 5. My iPhone 4 was eh at the end

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Battery on Iphone doesn't have memory affect...

It's a Lithium ion, so keeping it at full charge extends battery life. Fortunately, the guys at ifixit said the iphone 5 is easier to remove the batter from than the 4S