What's new

iPhone 4s wont turn back on after using redsnow

Well the bigger problem is that I ordered this phone from ebay and I don't live in the United States. In my country, there is are no Apple stores. That is why my only option is to fix it my self.

I believe there is a solution. I just have to find it. I think that there should be a way to overwrite what was done by redsnow in the first place.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm with the guy below you, try the real 4S jailbreak (Absinthe) and see if that works. If not, throw it up on eBay as used - for parts and get another one lol

There is now a legit jailbreak for the 4S, have you tried that?

Yes I jailbroke it with absinthe and I thought that it would overwrite any corrupted code made by the first attempted, but unfortunately the problem persist.

If I place it on ebay for parts, it is not going to be sold for much and I would be losing a lot of money.

I'll keep searching for another solution.

Thanks for the help.

deltaf said:
Yes I have tried that and it does come back up. But then about 20 min later, when I try to wake up the phone after it is in sleep mode, it stays black and it does not respond to anything. Not even the vibrate button works.

I try to hold the power and home button and sometimes I get a blue, red, or green screen. I sometimes get a "kernel panic" (black screen with a lot of white computer code). And sometimes it does not even come on when I hold the power and home button.

I don't know what to do. I believe it is a software issue. The phone is brand new and I can't believe I spent 600 dollars for something that does not work.

U spent $600 on a perfectly working iPhone 4S. So dont blame anybody but yourself. U beed toresearch before you try to jailbreak. Shouldve known that there was no legit jailbreak. Tisk tisk

U spent $600 on a perfectly working iPhone 4S. So dont blame anybody but yourself. U beed toresearch before you try to jailbreak. Shouldve known that there was no legit jailbreak. Tisk tisk

I'm pretty sure the OP would have realised this by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reahn... this comment is borderline rude and completely unnecessary!! I suggest minding what you say from now on!

deltaf said:
Yes I jailbroke it with absinthe and I thought that it would overwrite any corrupted code made by the first attempted, but unfortunately the problem persist.

If I place it on ebay for parts, it is not going to be sold for much and I would be losing a lot of money.

I'll keep searching for another solution.

Thanks for the help.

As I said a long time ago, there is no way that redsn0w broke your phone. It simply isn't possible. Your problems are happening because your phone hardware is faulty. Problems like this simply cannot persist if the phone has been restored and you have stated you have done that many times now. There is no "secret" area where software can be corrupted and survive a restore process like you assume. It simply isn't possible.
The phone has a hardware fault (they are not that uncommon, I had one myself). If you cannot return the phone to Apple you are just going to have to live with it. Sorry :(

Last edited:
reahn5678 said:

I agree not 100% but 1000%. iPhone's work perfectly right from the factory and there are well many applications out there that are verrrrrrry inexpensive.

So why jailBREAK a perfectly iPhone?

If you have an unlimited amount money at your hand then I would write yes jailbreak. If the phone breaks toss the phone and purchase another.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Last edited: