What's new

Iphone 4s voice control-- HELP!

Gdaledogboy

Reaction score
Love my iphone, but if my pocket activates voice control one more time, i am going to throw it in the creek and replace it with a flip phone! How do you turn voice control OFF??

Settings > General > Passcode Lock then turn Voice Dial off, and turn off Siri as well. That or leave only your phone in your pocket so that you're not holding onto the home button to activate voice control.

All done, but still activates when control button is pressed, tells you voice control is off, then eventually turns on "music" i think this will be the feature that turns me off from iphone as soon as contract is up.

Then alternatively turn Siri on, and turn off Siri access at the lock screen.

I carry my phone in my pocket all the time around my farm and have never had VC come on. Are you keeping the display on? And for the phone to display music, the button has to be pressed twice. I wonder if you are having an issue with your home button? Is your phone still under warranty?

I'd say that there're other objects in the pocket that's pressing against the home button. I've yet to see a pair of pants by default with something that can actually press on the home button twice, especially since it's concaved, making it even harder

But maybe its my phone case, pressing the button. Music voice control is always enabled,, just saw this in settings. I just set the phone to time out after a minute to pass code lock. Maybe that'll help