What's new

iphone 4s stuck in recovey mode after attemp with ios 6 update NEEED!!!! HELP!!!!

mcarey242

Reaction score
Hi guys my iphone 4s verzion wireless is stuck in recovery mode after trying to update to ios 6 in itunes showing error (-1), this is really annoying in which is why I'm asking for your help.

See if Recovery Fix from RedSn0w can get you out of the problem. If that doesn't work, then the problem is probably from your physical baseband being corrupted

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The new redsnow doesnt support iphone 4s, and is there any way to fix my phone if it is corrupted.

Try TinyUmbrella. Make sure you run as admin. The only way to fix a baseband hardware problem is to replace the baseband chipset. It doesn't cost much but there aren't any American or European producers, only Asia. And they're limited in stock.

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As said before, try tinyumbrella, should work. Also, if you dont need jailbreak, update to 6.0.1, as it is signed by apple so you should get any error.

mcarey242 said:
i am using Itunes for this but still error (-1)

Stitch your shsh blobs 6.0 to a fresh ipsw 6.0 and shift restore , or option restore through iTunes.

Do restore with redsnow it wont give you any error. Download the latest version, use Extras/even more/ Restore, use official 6.0.1

How do i do this Tortelliniguy ?

You'll need SHSH blobs saved for iOS 6.0. The only way to get them was to save and retrieve them through Apple since the 4S cannot be jailbroken, meaning Cydia's servers won't have your blobs. Do what Beast From the East said. Restore using RedSn0w directly rather than using iTunes. The 4S support in the new RedSn0w is highlighted with the restore factor. It can be used to re-restore 5.X iOS' as well as restoring to a fresh iOS.

It's not working i keep getting itunes error (-1). Why does this keep happening.

Is there a specific message that comes up? Or is it just "iTunes could not restore Error (-1)"