What's new

iPhone 4S stuck at Recovery Mode (Error 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

agittan

Reaction score
hi, I have an iphone 4S-iOS 7.0.3 which is stuck at recovery mode, can anyone help me out with that? U see I tried restoring it via itunes but it keeps giving me "cannot restore with error (9)", I have been googling around but still couldnt get a fix for it. As per the error 9 on Apple information it says about the USB connection, which I have changed and check with different of them but still no fix. I have even disassembled the iphone to check if anything was not in placed and then reassemble it back. I have tried with tinyumberlla and recboot but it didnt help too. I was using the iphone fine lastnite and I went to bed. Next morning a frn of my called up but I just press the sleep button to keep it in silent and then had a nab. Next moment after I wokeup and check my iphone it didnt wakeup so then I press the sleep button to boot it up but all I could see was "connect to itunes".
Can you have a look into it? Plz. "Thanks"

Try rebooting your computer. If that doesn't work, remove your USB driver and reboot your computer. Also, try using a port in the rear chassis

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Did all the possible things I could :( changed PC's, changed cable, u know at 1st I was getting Error 3194 then it stopped after I downloaded the latest firmware iOS 7.0.3 so next when restoring it waits a response from the iPhone then the error pops up with error 9. BTW now on itunes it shows my iphone is in Recovery mode with S/No. n/a

I presume you're using iTunes 11.1.2 or 11.1.3. If you're on 11.1.X but not on 11.1.3, see if updating iTunes to 11.1.3 fixes the issue. If not, downgrading iTunes to 11.0.5 should fix the issue.

okay, thanx for the reply will try it now!
Wait!!!!!!!! Why itunes 11.0.5? wont it give u Error 3194 when itunes or the iOS firmware is not up-to-date?

Last edited:
No. As long as your device is in DFU, it does not check for iOS and iTunes compatibility. Yes it requires iTunes 11.1 and above to sync/manage data on iOS 7, but it does not require iTunes 11.1 to restore to iOS 7 while in DFU mode.

3194 is either a host issue, or an incompatibility issues with respect to the IPSW being usable on the device, such as using an iPhone 5 IPSW on an iPhone 4S.

same error even with itunes 11.0.5, btw i did with tinyumberlla again "Fix recovery/exit recovery" then it loops at apple logo again & again.

Are all restores done in recovery mode? If so, place the device into DFU mode and retry

Sent from my iPad Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.