What's new

iphone 4S or Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be my second android phone I had the Desire and it was ok not great. I don't know about all android phones I am sure there are a lot of sub standard phones but the S2 is at the top I feel. I have not owned the Iphone but it is still the most popular for my friends and I have played with them all up to the 4. What is it that makes the Iphone have such a loyal following? For some of my friends they want to try other phones but have a lot of $ invested in apps and music and don't want to start over. and some of my friends just don't know that there are other phones out there lol and just went for the phone because it is popular and on Vancouver Island Canada we live under a rock :p What really makes it the best phone in your eyes ??

having used them both( I have the iPhone my cousin has the S2) I think the iPhone 4S is better because of
better camera
iOS 5
having used them both the 4S seems a little bit faster
Everthing just works

the s2 and 4a both have great screens but the s2 is bigger. android is a mess of an operating system and updating is a headache. the android store is filled with malware and also a mess.

I was in a similiar decision with the the infuse and 4S but chose the 4S because the 4S works with all my accessories and since I mainly use my phone for music and apps and the camera the I chose the iPhone

ok i have both an iphone 4s and a GS2. and thier is no doubt the gs2 is the better phone right now. hell even my old iphone 4 is better than the 4s. the 4s has horrible batt life and when compaired to the GS2 the screen just looks a little washed out. blacks don't really look black on the iphone. and the weight and the thin form factor of the gs2 just makes it feel like you don't even have a phone in your pocket. not too mention if your in a 4g area then thats just another plus for the gs2. i mean i could go on and on. but i will leave you with this since i have both phones my daily driver is hands down the gs2..

I've had Android and iPhones. Each OS has particular features that I enjoy. I wish I could pick and choose then add into a new OS. For me, first and foremost, the device is a PHONE. Therefore, for me, the iPhone wins. Samsung phones do not deliver the same call quality as Iphone. If I wanted another Android it would be one of Moto's. Just my opinion.

It's a personal choice of the OS and the UI at this point. The hardware is not as big a factor as it use to be. Personally I'm an iPhone guy because of the UI. I tried android earlier this year when my iPhone4 broke. At first i was lost and hated android. After about two weeks I began to gain respect for the customization and the overall freedom of the OS but I also began to see the bugs and the poorly executed UI. After a few months i purchased a new iPhone 4 because of those issues. Once the iPhone 4s was released, I just had to get it too and by the way, the 4s is much faster then the iPhone 4 when it comes to processor intensive things such as gaming and navigation (Navigon). I think that ice cream sandwich fixed a lot of the issues I had with Android but I enjoy IOS much more than Android plus Apple support their products for several years rather than just a few months and that's if your lucky with Android. My sister has my old 3GS and my mom has my old/new iPhone 4 and they both have IOS5 installed. I enjoy how seamless everything is with IOS. Like the late Steve Jobs said "it just works", Android users may not understand what I'm talking about but iOS users will. Apple also make it very easy to share media between all you IOS products. I understand why some people love Android, I'm just not one of them.

Apple support their products for several years rather than just a few months and that's if your lucky with Android. My sister has my old 3GS and my mom has my old/new iPhone 4 and they both have IOS5 installed.

I have to agree with you here. I know with my phone everything works great. I know Iphone does have its faults with Itunes my buddy is always yapping about it but I have to agree with the updates. I hate that my S2 has to go threw a carrier before being delivered to me. I do like some of the UI on the Iphone but the Galaxy S2 has a pretty good UI as well. I know there are a LOT of android phones out there that are slow and have a lot of problems but I am talking about the Galaxy S2 the top of Android. Apple only has really the 2 phones in this feild and that is the 4 and 4S I would not compare the 3GS in the field because it is just not fair lol.

atmasters said:
I know my friends Iphone 4 has a nice looking screen but it does look a little small. I played with a HTC Desire awhile ago and even that had a small screen and I believe the Iphone has a smaller screen than that. I am more leaning towards the Galaxy S2. But I do like the Iphone UI though..

Depending on which carrier you're rolling with, the Galaxy S II could have a 4.3 screen like the Desire/Inspire 4G.

atmasters said:
Really I did not know that

Yeah the AT&T version has a 4.3 inches screen. AT&T's LTE version however has the 4.5 inche screen (Galaxy S II Skyrocket).

The GS2 is a nice phone I'm sure. But if I had to chose android I would want google's flagship phone the GN (Galaxy Nexus). I would rather have the naked android experience, because the manufacture's IU gets in the way when updates roll out from Google. The flagship phones always gets the best software support.

When I had my Inspire I wasn't happy with the apps, they just wasn't polish like the one on iOS. Many of them didn't even exist in the android market. If you start with android this want be a problem, but I started with Windows mobile back when you had to use the stylus. Then I integrated to blackberry then iOS, and I have to say iOS has been my favorite thus far. Even though iOS is closed, it's simple and does everything I want it to do. The iPhone was simply made to integrate music, video, and a phone in one. No other phone really does it as seamless as iOS.

I've had a few androids: my touch 3G slide, Samsung galaxy (the first one ) and htc evo ( this one was a nightmare ) and now the iPhone 4 and I am thrilled. Never in my life did I ever think I would ever jump that fence but I'm glad I did. Sure it would be nice if the iPhone were a customizable as android but then iPhone would most likely encounter the same problems as android. iPhone is just better protected, longer battery and the apps are more detailed ( you can tell there was a lot of work put into those apps).

iPhone is just better protected, longer battery and the apps are more detailed ( you can tell there was a lot of work put into those apps).[/QUOTE]

Ya the Iphone does not have that good of battery not anyone that I know anyways. Ya we might be talking an hour but like most smart phones everyone I know with one cant get threw the day. And with the new update it is even worse. I know the phones you had might have been under powered but even my HTC Desire rooted with MUIU seemed better then the Iphone4. Yes there are some nice apps but Android is catching up in that dept big time. Most of the same apps that I use and my friends on Iphones use are free. But when dealing with apps that can go on and on because ya I dont have an app my buddy would have but then he does not get apps I can get. I think this is like Chevy and Ford and Xbox and Playstation. They all have there followers and always will.

I've had a few androids: my touch 3G slide, Samsung galaxy (the first one ) and htc evo ( this one was a nightmare ) and now the iPhone 4 and I am thrilled. Never in my life did I ever think I would ever jump that fence but I'm glad I did. Sure it would be nice if the iPhone were a customizable as android but then iPhone would most likely encounter the same problems as android. iPhone is just better protected, longer battery and the apps are more detailed ( you can tell there was a lot of work put into those apps).

I did not have as many Androids as you. I did, however, root mine and installed over 30 different roms and well over 50 different themes. I was fortunate. I did not have one issue. Others, were not as fortunate. Many spent hours rebuilding the OS on their phones.

I agree with your comments on apps. Apple apps may be priced slightly higher but the quality and detail is very obvious.

I do miss the ability to customize and perhaps some day I will jail brake my 4 S and see what door that opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.