What's new

iphone 4S or Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came from sprints version of the GS2 and couldnt be happier. The GS2 had way too many issues. It randomly goes into no service (LOS bug) and data locks up randomly as well. Even though it showed a full signal no data or voice would come through or go out. You wouldnt know you had no service unless you tried to send something out. Then the Android OS bug that causes severe battery drain was annoying as can be. I dont know what carrier your with but if its Sprint do NOT go near the GS2. Look on XDA at all the issues the phones having and your choice should be easy. So far Im very happy with the 4S even though I do miss some of the Android widgets and customization. One a JB comes along it'll be a perfect phone for me.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 since around May which i gave my partner as i wanted to try an iPhone - i'd previously always used Blackberry / Android. Personally i now prefer iPhone, i think the Camera is better and so are the camera Apps which is important to me, i think there are more quality Apps to pick from, i think the music player is better and the device build feels better. SIRI is incredible!

Samsung i think is better for watching YouTube clips / Movies on, i get better signal strength with Galaxy and i think the keyboard(s) are better than IOS.

I thought i would miss the customisability of Android but i'm really not. Because everything on iPhone feels so much more polished i don't feel the need to customise so much.
So there's very little between them. If you could have a quick play with both that would probably help you.

well I was lucky last night and I had a friend with a Galaxy S2 on Bell canada and a Iphone4 over. the Iphone does look tempting it has a nice UI but the Galaxy S2s screen is just awesome lol. For speed the Galaxy S2 was way faster on my wifi and the camera was way better but I guess with the 4S there is a better camera. the one thing I did see was there was some lag on the Iphone4 is that normal or is it just because it is under powered right now ? For me I have to travel 4 hours to get either the Galaxy or the Iphone so really paying attention to what you guys have to say.

well I was lucky last night and I had a friend with a Galaxy S2 on Bell canada and a Iphone4 over. the Galaxy S2s screen is just awesome lol. For speed the Galaxy S2 was way faster .

I 100% agree! I will admit though ~ I have not played with an iPhone all that much and only for a few moments when I did. But when I saw the screen and colors and speed on my Galaxy I was like, YES! I think one would be very happy with the iphone too! I have never met anyone that was not!

And trust me ~

On this site here we see lots of issues, problems and concerns. Go to my Galaxy forum and it is exactly the same. I came from a BB that all it did was hourglass and I got so tired of doing battery swipes all darn day and running out of memory, when I only had 2 Apps!

Hated that phone.

I 100% agree! I will admit though ~ I have not played with an iPhone all that much and only for a few moments when I did. But when I saw the screen and colors and speed on my Galaxy I was like, YES! I think one would be very happy with the iphone too! I have never met anyone that was not!

And trust me ~

On this site here we see lots of issues, problems and concerns. Go to my Galaxy forum and it is exactly the same. I came from a BB that all it did was hourglass and I got so tired of doing battery swipes all darn day and running out of memory, when I only had 2 Apps!

Hated that phone.

I must agree they are both very good phones and it seems like they do the same thing very well. The galaxy has a better screen but Apple has a way cooler graphic design. They are both fast phones but when doing a comparison the Galaxy always won. I guess it is ether going to be about being able to do more customizing on galaxy or just have a smaller but cooler UI. heading down right now to get a phone lol

If you're going to pay the $$$ for the iPhone then you should get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (if you can get it for your service provider). It has the newest Android OS, 4.0 with some pretty awesome features. The screen is MASSIVE and the resolution is amazing (as good or better than the iPhone, I can't remember). If your service provider doesn't support it, you might want to wait a week or two as it was JUST released.

Otherwise:

It really depends on your preference. If you want the customizability of Android and the speed of the device, get the GS2. If you like stability and basicness of iOS, and you like being enclosed in the fence of using apple-only products, then go ahead and get the iPhone. I admit I'm a bit biased towards Android...

But what I think you should do is: get the GS2. Then, before your period of when you can return the device for free, exchange it for the iPhone. After a couple days of hating it, exchange it for the GS2 and be happy for the next two years.

Well I got the GS2 and love it so far. I had the chance to play with the 2 and there is no doubt that I will enjoy the GS2. The Iphone was to small but it did feel like it was well built. The sales man said he has way more Iphones coming in for repair then the Galaxy S2 as well. I guess for me I would get board not being able to change up my phone. nothing seems to be laggy at all on this phone very fast very clean. Thanks for all the tips :)

What is it that makes the Iphone better than the Galaxy S1 ? I think I am going to get the Galaxy s2 but still want to know from people that have had these phones and see what the grips are. All I know is the specs are more towards Android but Apples OS is more polished but is more restricted. More apps for the time being goes to Apple but more free apps for Android. Can you customize the Iphone 4S like for exp better keyboards ect if you can do more on the Iphone then I think the Iphone is the way to go. All I know is I love apple computers and the Ipad looks awesome but when it comes to a cell phone I just dont know..
The Galaxy S was a good phone, one very carrier but Verizon. Verizon's stunk. Everyone I know with it is having theirs crap out on them lately.

I just personally think the S2 is too big. Most new Android phones are too big. At first I was like, "ugh, my iPhone screen is kinda small", but smaller size = more portable. And the screen doesn't seem that small to me anymore, and the clarity of the screen makes up for it.

No, you can't customize without being jailbroken, but honestly, iOS is basic yet stunning; no customizations needed from me!

What phone did you end up getting, OP? S2?

I "try" to like other phones and tablets; however, they just aren't as nice as Apple products. ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net
Haha, you are so right.

I love the iPhone 4s, but I only switched from Android because of size. If the gs2 had used a 4 inch screen I would have bought it on launch day. Androids best phones just keep getting larger, and I do not need or want a phone in the size they are making them.

I had such a bad experience with my S1 that I didn't really want to get another Android phone, but the size of all of their new phones definitely deterred me.

What phone did you end up getting, OP? S2?

I got the S2 and am very happy with it. Really when I put the Iphone4 on top the size is not all that much yes the Iphone can fit on the screen lol but we are only talking about a small difference. The screen on the S2 is way better. When I compared the 2 phones they had Otterbox's on them. I fool around with my friends Iphone but really not much to do but open apps. He was amazed on all my different home replacements and the way I can change things up. Now that Assistant came out for Android I cant see what would put Apple ahead. Apple does have a nice UI it is smooth but not as fast as the S2. All you have to do is check Utube to find that out. I believe the 4S is a little light on the update. But for me I am not that loyal to any brand I just find what is the best at that time. I am watching for the Iphone 5 but it will have to beet out Icecream sandwich for this cat to jump on board..

Last edited:
Really when I put the Iphone4 on top the size is not all that much yes the Iphone can fit on the screen lol but we are only talking about a small difference. But for me I am not that loyal to any brand I just find what is the best at that time.

I agree!

Today we went cell phone accessory shopping and I got some way cool cases for mine. While we were in two huge accessory stores, there were a couple of folks in each that were there with new cells as they had traded from iphone due to battery problems!

I would not be happy either, I admit!

iPhone>Android

I've had many Android phones and was addicted to them. The iPhone wins in every category.

Status
Not open for further replies.