What's new

IPhone 4S Not able to Receive SMS after latest Upgrade

awill104

Reaction score
After the latest upgrade to IOS 6.1 I have not been able to recieve (yet I can send) text messages from some phone numbers. I can get IMessage and from some numbers (if they have Iphones or other smart phones it works) but if they do not have a smart phone their texts cannot come through to my phone, they receive mine but do not come through to me. I have tried turning off IMessage, changing other settings, restarting my phone, etc.

Any insight?

Thanks in advance!

have you tried a hard reset? hold down your sleep/wake button and home button at the same time until the apple appears,let go and the phone will reboot,this fixes a lot glitches.

I have a problem somewhat like him, but my iphone cannot send message, on the other hand I can receive message normally. I tried hard reset, reboot, this is one of the thing I notice, after I entered air plane mode in an attemp to fix the problem with out have to reboot it, I founded out that after I deactivate airplane mode, my iphone immediately show me carriers name with full signal even thought in setting general, the carriers haven't even show up yet. Note that I cannot send or receive message nor call when this happen. I decided to wait for a while then the carrier name disappear and it said searching for 5 mins and then I can send and receive message again.

I have a problem somewhat like him, but my iphone cannot send message, on the other hand I can receive message normally. I tried hard reset, reboot, this is one of the thing I notice, after I entered air plane mode in an attemp to fix the problem with out have to reboot it, I founded out that after I deactivate airplane mode, my iphone immediately show me carriers name with full signal even thought in setting general, the carriers haven't even show up yet. Note that I cannot send or receive message nor call when this happen. I decided to wait for a while then the carrier name disappear and it said searching for 5 mins and then I can send and receive message again.

If your device is unlocked, make sure that the APN settings match those of the carrier, otherwise your data and MMS will not work.

This site has all the APN settings for carriers and is updated pretty often

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/