What's new

Iphone 4S no internet connection on 3G even 3G signal is full

Ste7enland

Reaction score
I have just got my iphone 4S for a day and the phone does not connect to the internet sometimes even the 3G signal is full. I don't know if this is a hardware or a software issue but I also have this problem on my iphone 4 since I upgraded to ios5.0.1. With both phones, I have to reset the network settings to make it works on 3G again. However, it still work normally when wifi is on.
Does anyone has this problem? Hardware or software issue? I really wanna know the answer
Thanks

I had this problem too. Check in settings>general>network and see if the setting for data roaming is set to 'on'. Mine was set to off and all I could access was Facebook. Once Data roaming was set to on, I could use safari again.
If that doesn't work, the I would call your phone carrier company and see what they say. They may need to activate some settings for the phone.

Works from a computer. Basically go to general settings/network/toggle data network off/then back on.

Nice Write up BTW on that iNeo!!

Works from a computer. Basically go to general settings/network/toggle data network off/then back on.

Nice Write up BTW on that iNeo!!

Thanks mate i just thought i would share my own experience lol

From Sprint Community: Cannot Get Mail - No Internet connection available. Similar in apple discussions

11. Jan 3, 2013 3:19 PM (in response to Hero_66866)
Re: Cannot Get Mail - No Internet connection available
There are two ways to fix this but both seem to be temporary fixes:

1. Hold power button and home button at the same time till the iphone shuts off. Then restart. This tends to work.

2. Call "##873283#" This will update your service. It takes a few minutes and should be done in an area where you have a strong cellular signal.

Like I said, both of these tend to be temporary fixes. Not sure how long it will last for each of you.

Rumor is that Sprint is aware of the problem and is going to fix it. Its a problem only with Sprint iPhones.

Hope this helps.
Report Abuse Like (0)