What's new

iPhone 4s lost contacts

Rileyboom

Reaction score
My iPhone 4s shut itself down and when I restarted it all my contacts details were gone, iCloud was not enabled at the time, is there a way to retrieve my contacts or will I be cursing this phone forever.

Open up iExplorer on your PC with your iPhone connected and see if your contacts have been moved or hidden.

Did you recently sync your iPhone with iTunes. If yes, simply connect your iPhone to your computer, run iTunes and restore your iphone from the backup dated before the incident. this should restore the contacts.

My iPhone 4s shut itself down and when I restarted it all my contacts details were gone, iCloud was not enabled at the time, is there a way to retrieve my contacts or will I be cursing this phone forever.
I'm sorry that you've lost your contacts by accident. If you haven't enable iCloud and have never backup your data with iCloud. You can open your iTunes to see the last back up date. If it's a recent date, you can get back the contacts by restoring from the iTunes Backup. But please note that you may lose the new data you added after the back up. If you haven't backed up in iTunes, or you don't want to erase the new data from our iPhone, you can use this iPhone data recovery tool to scan your iPhone and transfer recovered contacts directly back to your iPhone. This will only add the recovered contacts to your iPhone and it won't delete new data.