What's new

iPhone 4S & iPad 2 JAILBREAK RELEASE DATE iOS 5 UNTETHERED!

im on 5.0.1 and didnt saved....any bad things happening to me?

You won't be able to restore to version 5.0.1 when 5.1 goes live.

On topic:

Don't hold your breath waiting for the 4s jailbreak, if they (the jailbreaking teams) find that the same exploit exists on 5.1 beta, jailbreak won't be released before 5.1 goes live (to avoid it being patched on 5.1 just like it happened with the A4 version of the jailbreak).

im on 5.0.1 and didnt saved....any bad things happening to me?

Personally I never have or will save SHSH's because I am happy to go with out my jailbreak, I love it but I dont desperately need it, I rather be on newer firmware lol so its all down to you really if you want the jailbreak or not or are happy waiting. If you have a problem and are forced to restoring you would have to upgrade and then who knows how long you will have to wait for an un tethered jailbreak again, some times I have waited months on end for new jailbreaks.

so i dont get this lol...can soomebody tell me about this please.....

It means that the current un tethered jailbreak for NON A5 devices no longer works on ios 5.1 and its not really surprising because apple always patches the exploits..

this does not include 5.0.1, this is why people save their SHSH's because vulnerabilities in that particular firmware will always be there, just not in the newer firmware that apple have patched it, that is why people are advised to save their SHSH's and to not upgrade

Sorry, new to the jb world (and iPhone too, for that matter!) What's an SHSH and how does one save it?

Thanks, Unleashed. I read through the How To thread and saw something about blobs being useless on 5.01 but saw some people that said they had saved theirs successfully. Do you know if it's worth doing for 5.01? (I'm on a 4s, so never had anything else).

Thanks!

Thanks, Unleashed. I read through the How To thread and saw something about blobs being useless on 5.01 but saw some people that said they had saved theirs successfully. Do you know if it's worth doing for 5.01? (I'm on a 4s, so never had anything else).

Thanks!

well the main reason why people save them is because they want to stay on an earlier firmware where there is a working jailbreak, but even though there is no jailbreak for the 4S atm you could stay on 5.0.1 and save the SHSH's just incase the jailbreak that is being worked on does not work on ios 5.1 (for A5 devices).

personally I would just upgrade and wait for a new jailbreak and forget about the SHSH's.

Unleashed said:
well the main reason why people save them is because they want to stay on an earlier firmware where there is a working jailbreak, but even though there is no jailbreak for the 4S atm you could stay on 5.0.1 and save the SHSH's just incase the jailbreak that is being worked on does not work on ios 5.1 (for A5 devices).

personally I would just upgrade and wait for a new jailbreak and forget about the SHSH's.

Its not bad to have them though. I upgraded my ipad2 to 5.0.1 from 4.3.3 jailbroken and took it back to 4.3.3 to try it out, and brought back to 5.0.1.

Nice to have the choice

it is nice to have the choice to jailbreak and downgrade firmwares because with 4.3.3 you could use jailbreakme.com as well

Tell me about it, had to wait 2months for that on the ipad2 lol

Yeah! I upgraded to 5.0 beta from day one and refused to tether jailbreak so I was with out for a very long time also lol but I dont mind. I love my jailbreak but I would rather be on newer firmware