What's new

iPhone 4s battery!!

ladida0311

Reaction score
My iPhone 4s is running iOS 7.1.1 but it's absolutely KILLING my battery! 30 min of YouTube will drain at least 50% battery power and if I'm still using an app at 30% it will die. This phone is brand new, I literally bought it 5 days ago. Will updating to iOS 8.4.1 give me longer battery life? I've already reset apps and settings that drain the battery. Please help [emoji27]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to iPhoneForums, ladida0311!

The iPhone 4s was discontinued by Apple in September last year, so even if you purchased it as new, your device's age is at least one year.

In spite of all this, the battery should last way longer than yours does, no matter which software is installed on it.

I assume you've turned off background app refresh, your screen's brightness ranges in the lower half, and your volume isn't as loud as possible.

Here are a few things you could try:
Reset your iPhone. This won't remove data or change settings, it might correct a few glitches you're experiencing. To reset, press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. As soon as it's visible, let go of both buttons. Your device will power up on it's own.

Restore your device. There could be a problem with the software. To restore, use iTunes on your computer. Make sure there's a most recent backup (iCloud or iTunes, both is possible). Then connect your iPhone to iTunes and restore it. This will also update it to the latest software (8.4.1). After restoring, reset your iPhone, using the method described above.

If your iPhone's battery life is still as bad as before, take it to an Apple Retail Store. They'll take a look at it and tell you what's causing your problem.

Hope that helps.

You could also phone Apple as every new iPhone comes with 90 days of free telephone technical support.