What's new

iPhone 4S Battery Life? - Screenshots

lunaandres

Reaction score
Hello ! :)
I just got my iPhone 4S and I was wondering if I'm getting average, or bad (most likely) battery life.
Here are two screenshots I took:

$image-2701804640.jpg

$image-1331760516.jpg

Let's see if you guys can help me figure this out :)

EDIT: Also guys, this is under average usage, meaning: Few phone calls, a lot of texting, occasional game, and f****** around with Siri (it's new, I had to).

Here's mine:

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 417
I also have no idea about it, so I can only post my stats.

Right now, my iphone 4s has 36% left.

And the stats are as follows:

Usage: 4hrs, 36 minutes;

Standby: 10 hours, 3 minutes;

Is there anything wrong with mine?

Anyway, I love it.:)

Well, mine has 70% battery left with:
Usage....1 hour, 48 minutes
Standby......14 hours, 56 mins.

I don't think that is too bad.

None of these are "that" bad. Depending on the newness of the phone, the batteries may not be fully conditioned yet. Take them down to less than 20% occasionally then fully recharge. Also, push notifications cause much drain as do apps that haven't been fully shut down.

Bottom line: battery drain is different on each phone depending on the phone's settings.

I drained my battery down til the phone shut itself off then recharged. My phone has only been used for 5 days. I'm not really concerned about the battery usage. It's pretty much the same as my ip4.

I shall drain my battery completely tonight, then.

Here's today's screenshot: it was a little better than the previous two (It did not leave my hand today... lol)

$image-3662732491.jpg

Also, I says I charged it, but it only went up 1% (literally) Since I was just syncing.

i dont have an iphone yet but an thinking of getting one.i listen to the sirius xm app all day on a droid X2 and carry 2 batteries to make it through the day.how will the iphone battery hold using the sirius app all day?

EWyatt said:
None of these are "that" bad. Depending on the newness of the phone, the batteries may not be fully conditioned yet. Take them down to less than 20% occasionally then fully recharge. Also, push notifications cause much drain as do apps that haven't been fully shut down.

Bottom line: battery drain is different on each phone depending on the phone's settings.

Li-ion batteries don't need conditioning.

All batteries need conditioning. Difference with Li-ion and the older type batteries nickel cadmium is the nickel cadmium battery after numerous recharging would finally lose its charge altogether. To keep the nickel cadmium at its best you would after every full charge run it down completely. The Li-ion came along and removed the need to fully charge and then fully decharge giving a better quality battery. However these batteries when new will not give you full charge until it has been charged a few times. So yes they do need conditioning!

The energy density of lithium-ion is typically twice that of the standard nickel-cadmium. There is potential for higher energy densities. The load characteristics are reasonably good and behave similarly to nickel-cadmium in terms of discharge. The high cell voltage of 3.6 volts allows battery pack designs with only one cell. Most of today's mobile phones run on a single cell. A nickel-based pack would require three 1.2-volt cells connected in series.

Lithium-ion is a low maintenance battery, an advantage that most other chemistries cannot claim. There is no memory and no scheduled cycling is required to prolong the battery's life. In addition, the self-discharge is less than half compared to nickel-cadmium.

iHolophyte

This is after almost 2 days of use and I still have 35% left. I'm very satisfied with the battery life on my 4s.

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 404

You're right, and that's why I wonder why Apple's instructions, and those of laptop makers, say to discharge and fully charge the li-ion batts first few times to improve battery life afterwards. I've never been able to understand that either.

This is after almost 2 days of use and I still have 35% left. I'm very satisfied with the battery life on my 4s.

Your stats are false your phone has been pluged in since last full charge what you posted means nothing.