What's new

iPhone 4S 10% Power Shutdown

My 4S is terrible for battery I'm taking it back to apple when I have a chance and demanding a replacement as I have this silly rattle by the camera also looking on apple forums some people are saying this is normal some aren't but I have spoken to apple support and they claim it isn't normal :s anyway I can't deal with my phone being like this as no one should pay the prices they are for a solid feeling phone with something loose inside and poor battery life

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

You need to let the phone completely die once a month, and the rest of the time not let it drop below 20 percent. Also for better battery life, charge through usb on the pc instead of the plug

I have an app called Battery Doctor that is suited to help. You let your battery get below 20% and then launch Battery Doctor while charging your phone. I just got my iPhone 4s but I used Battery Doctor about once every 2 weeks with my old iPhone 4 and I think it helped with battery life.

Because when you use it while it's charging you will be using the battery that you are trying to fix. While it's trying to charge the battery and you are use a application or game that is battery happy (graphics/use alot of wi-fi) the iPhone will keep charging the same spot on the battery over and over and over again and it will cause the battery to get very hot and eventually the battery will develop a dead spot on that part of the battery :)

what about my iHome stereo where my iPhone charges while playin music-will this damage my battery? sorry I'm new

Hi,NeoTom
I try it but I'm having a problem is for the draining that u mentioned,my iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1,off every time,then I need to recharge to on it,so once my phone on,I plug out to let it drain until 2%,am I in the right way?

What u r doing is calibrating iOS to your battery, not making the battery work better. The operating system needs to know what a full charge and what drained are for your battery and this should be done every month or so

zstairlessone said:
What u r doing is calibrating iOS to your battery, not making the battery work better. The operating system needs to know what a full charge and what drained are for your battery and this should be done every month or so

Thx for yr info,but isn't it a problem because my phone shutdown at 25%

Mine did the same thing and shut down at odd percentages, 6% 25% 30% etc.

I did all the calibration fixes but it never "solved" the issue, just postponed it fir a day or so.

I took my 4s to apple a few weeks ago and they replaced it. Since then I havent had a single issue, except i lost jailbreak cuz they gave me a phone with 6.0.1 on it.

wingzfan61 said:
Mine did the same thing and shut down at odd percentages, 6% 25% 30% etc.

I did all the calibration fixes but it never "solved" the issue, just postponed it fir a day or so.

I took my 4s to apple a few weeks ago and they replaced it. Since then I havent had a single issue, except i lost jailbreak cuz they gave me a phone with 6.0.1 on it.

I took to the service centre,they helped me to reboot & restore,still the same,the technician told me nothing wrong with yr iPhone

You need to let the phone completely die once a month, and the rest of the time not let it drop below 20 percent. Also for better battery life, charge through usb on the pc instead of the plug

What is the reason for not letting it drop below 20%?
And why is the USB charging from pc better?

angeliq said:
What is the reason for not letting it drop below 20%?
And why is the USB charging from pc better?

USB charging is not any better or worse for your iPhone. It's perfectly safe to use the supplied charger plugged into a wall socket. It's faster, as well. Personally, I charge my iPhone with my iPad charger.

I've had battery issues also, If I drain the battery completely (to the point where pressing power button does nothing) will my phone need to be restored from itunes? Does it require a slight charge to maintain the memory?

I've had battery issues also, If I drain the battery completely (to the point where pressing power button does nothing) will my phone need to be restored from itunes? Does it require a slight charge to maintain the memory?

No. If it's completely drained, just charge it and it'll boot up again. The only time you'd need your computer to boot up your phone is if your iPhone has a tethered jailbreak on it.

Try this first :)

1. Try draining the battery all the way till it doesn't turn on again (Keep trying to turn it on when the charge icon comes on the screen)

View attachment 4094

2. Then charge it all the way to 100% (Do not use your phone as it is charging)
View attachment 4095

3. Then drain all the way back down to 0% again and do the same as step 1.
View attachment 4094

4. Charge all the way back upto 100% (Do not use it as it's charging again) and report back here if that help's the problems :)

hi. just new to iPhone, just had my iPhone since jan.7. it was working so well, it won't shut off til 1% but now, seems like its having a problem, was trying to turn on and off my wifi coz i cnt connect to my wifi and just so i know our router was the problem, was turning off and on my iPhone coz i tried turning it off and on once and den i was connected to our wifi, just as i was disconnected again, i tried turning off and on my phone again and i cnt connect to wifi, just as when i stopped turning it off and on, it shuts off by itself, and the battery was still 14%. i tried charging it and it won't turn on, tried turning it on till the charge icon appears but it won't appear. huhuhuhuh. anything i can do to make it on? or go to verizon right away?
please i need HELP. thanks :)