What's new

iPhone 4G Factory Unlocked

rightt

Reaction score
i purchased iPhone 4G Factory Unlocked and i was jailbreaked it...(working OK)
ios 5.1.1
My Friends and iphone users saying me that "When You was jailbreak your iPhone 4g.... You lose your factory unlocked Iphone if You upgrade or restore Your iphone then its locked immediately and you will go to market and pay for unlocking your iphone....
is this correct or not???
i lose my Factory unlocked.... or not....
means if i upgrade or restore my iphone now then my iphone Remain factory unlocked or LOCKED??????????

Hi there...I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thank you.
Ski...
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

ok...
But tell me the answer of my question please

First off, there's no such thing as a "4G" iPhone. There's an iPhone 4 and a 4S. Either way... if your iPhone is Truly Factory Unlocked (**meaning** It came from Apple or the wireless provider already Unlocked) there's no worry when it comes to updating your iOS version.

but i jailbreak ed it.......
and apple knows that my iPhone 4 is now jail broken and apple avoid my phone warranty and if i upgrade or downgrade or restore it will locked......
what can i do now....
1. do directly upgrade ...
2. or first i restore for remove jailbreak..
if i restore then i am scaring to locked my phone :(

Apple can't find out that you're jailbroken unless they're physically looking at your device or rooting your device. Like Justin said, if your unlock is an actual factory unlock, you won't have to worry, especially if you bought it from a carrier or Apple

thnx a lot guys for help me.....
How can i verify perfectly that my iPhone is Truly Factory Unlocked ????
Let me tell you that i don't know about Factory unlocked...
I bought it from market ( i live in Pakistan Country ) ..
when i insert my SIM on this iPhone its quickly catch Signal and ready to use...
so... i thought that my iPhone is Factory unlocked and Shop seller also said me that this is F.U..

Check the baseband on the iPhone. Then check the SIM tray. If there's a chip in the SIM tray between the SIM card and the tray, you have an interposer unlock. If your baseband on your iPhone is NOT 01.59.00 then you have a chance of having a factory unlock. The only way to really know is to restore it and see if you get a congratulations message.

There are 2 unlocks that can achieve what your iPhone is doing, a factory unlock and an illegal backdoor unlock. The difference is that one is legal and permanent, the other is temporary and illegal.