What's new

Iphone 4g camera photo/video colors???

affiatati7

Reaction score
I have a 4G Iphone, with the latest software update, and noticed that when I take indoor flash pictures the fleshtones are very hot(yellowish/orange).

Besides having to export the picture to my computer to edit the color, is there an adjustment or update for this problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Don

The color is still kind of yellowish even with hdr off

The yellowish tint is the lighting from incandescent lights around you. Some cameras can do a good job in the white balance, and some do a bad job. But i4 does not offer any control of white balance unless someone writes an app.

So then I assume this yellowish/red tint is normal on all 4g Iphones?

Its just the fleshtones that are a little hot. Is that normal or should I expect pictures as good as a digital camera?

Its just the fleshtones that are a little hot. Is that normal or should I expect pictures as good as a digital camera?

Yes, it should take great pictures! Drop by your local apple store or make an appointment and show them. They will be more than happy to tell you if it's normal or not!

I have an iP4 and under Settings/Photo there are no settings for HDR. Is that a 4.1 upgrade? I've JB'd the phone so don't want to update the OS until there is a new JB out.

I have an iP4 and under Settings/Photo there are no settings for HDR. Is that a 4.1 upgrade? I've JB'd the phone so don't want to update the OS until there is a new JB out.

There is a JB just no unlock for 4.1 check out the sticky's. Yes, HDR is a new feature on 4.1.