What's new

Iphone 4 won't connect to the app store.

Shackleford96

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here and I searched a little bit but I didn't see any topics with this exact problem.

I have a factory unlocked Iphone 4 32GB model running on 5.1.1. I'm using a Straight Talk sim card in it. I just jailbroke it Saturday using RedSn0w and everything is working fine. I have Cydia and all that good stuff. My problem is that I can't connect to the app store for some reason. Even before I jailbroke it, I couldn't connect to the app store on it. When I open the app store app on the phone, it sometimes shows a loading indicator but most of the time it just goes to a blank black screen right away. The same thing happens when I try to open the itunes app on my iphone.

I have found a way around this by downloading the apps in itunes and then syncing them to my phone, but I really should be able to do that from my phone itself.

Please help me figure this out!

Last edited:
There is a problem connecting to iTunes store ? I'v try to connect my iPhone and my wife iPhone but couldn't :(

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354723102.397598.jpg

I also am having issues with this today. I have never had any problems before today. My App Store will not allow me to update my already purchased apps, but will let me browse the store.

Try a hard reset or rebooting your iPhone and reset network settings. settings,general,reset,reset network settings.

Try a hard reset or rebooting your iPhone and reset network settings. settings,general,reset,reset network settings.

Okay, I will try this later and see how it goes. I'll get back to you with the results soon.

Okay, I tried resetting the network settings. The phone rebooted and everything, but still no app store. :( I also had to tethered-boot to get my jailbreak stuff going again.

Could it possibly have something to do with the phone being factory unlocked?