Iphone 4 won't connect to the app store.

Discussion in 'iPhone Help' started by Shackleford96, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Shackleford96

Shackleford96 New Member

Hello all, I'm new here and I searched a little bit but I didn't see any topics with this exact problem.

I have a factory unlocked Iphone 4 32GB model running on 5.1.1. I'm using a Straight Talk sim card in it. I just jailbroke it Saturday using RedSn0w and everything is working fine. I have Cydia and all that good stuff. My problem is that I can't connect to the app store for some reason. Even before I jailbroke it, I couldn't connect to the app store on it. When I open the app store app on the phone, it sometimes shows a loading indicator but most of the time it just goes to a blank black screen right away. The same thing happens when I try to open the itunes app on my iphone.

I have found a way around this by downloading the apps in itunes and then syncing them to my phone, but I really should be able to do that from my phone itself.

Please help me figure this out!
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. Shackleford96

Shackleford96 New Member

bump.
  3. mariuss

mariuss Member

There is a problem connecting to iTunes store ? I'v try to connect my iPhone and my wife iPhone but couldn't :(

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354723102.397598.jpg
  4. juls3411

juls3411 New Member

I also am having issues with this today. I have never had any problems before today. My App Store will not allow me to update my already purchased apps, but will let me browse the store.
  5. tortelliniguy

tortelliniguy New Member

Try a hard reset or rebooting your iPhone and reset network settings. settings,general,reset,reset network settings.
  6. Shackleford96

Shackleford96 New Member

I am not having the same problem as you are. Mine won't show a screen at all, it just goes blank.
  7. Shackleford96

Shackleford96 New Member

Okay, I will try this later and see how it goes. I'll get back to you with the results soon.
  8. Shackleford96

Shackleford96 New Member

Okay, I tried resetting the network settings. The phone rebooted and everything, but still no app store. :( I also had to tethered-boot to get my jailbreak stuff going again.

Could it possibly have something to do with the phone being factory unlocked?