What's new

Iphone 4 upper screen not responding at some apps

williuzz

Reaction score
Hi all,

So i have been struggling with my iphone 4. It may be bugged or smth, cuz last day, the top of the screen became unresponsive.. So when i try for exsample go to SMS and click the first conversation it clicks on the second one, or clicks the top screen buttons, same with settings, when i try to use brigthness slider it doesn't move. I tried to search at contact search and the search is not responding.. And that bug is almost for all my apps. I thought i bumped my screen or smth but screen is working fine when opening apps, playing games.. If anyone know what to do please help me, i dont know what to do :/ thanks :)

Try hard resetting your phone by holding both the power and home buttons and releasing them when you see the Apple logo. If that doesn't fix it, backup your device through iTunes, restore, and see if that fixes the problem. If both actions result in the top half of the screen still being unresponsive, we can rule out a software problem and jump on hardware solutions.

Okey i will try hard reset it:) but itunes restore didnt helped, i tried it several times :/

No, hard reset didnt helped tho.. :/ dont know what it can be.. Thanks for reply:)

Then it's most likely a hardware error if its being spotty or unresponsive. Maybe a more experienced hardware user can chime in on this

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So what should i do? take the phone for repair? :/

Potentially yes on the hardware experts so I can give you a definitive answer but you will have to wait for another more experienced user to chime in on this to give you definitive answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

okey, thanks 4 helping me:)

Last edited:
I think my iphone is kind a bugged, because when i try to press that spot the button which is more on the top is pressed. For example when im at music player i try to press first song and the back button is more on the top, so that button is pressed at the time when i press first song.. :/

You have some how damaged your screen or a possible wire has come lose, wires could wear out and your screen could also be damaged from the inside, it could even be your touchscreen LCD which is not responding. I recommend you to bring it to repairing experts.

Many thanks,
Software