What's new

Iphone 4 update

suzantn

Reaction score
I am trying to download the updates for my iphone 4 from version 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 but I keep getting the following error message.

There was a problem downloading the software for the iphone. The network connection timed out,
Make sure your network connections are correct and your network connection is active or try again later.

Does anyone one know how I can correct this so I can download these updates?

Thank you,

Suzanne

just wait for ios5.

Yeah, that's SUCH useful advice :rolleyes: We don't even know for sure when iOS 5 is coming out.

Suzanne, the first thing you want to do is make sure iTunes is up to date (this error will occur if you are trying to update to a newer version of iOS than your version of iTunes supports).

If that isn't the problem, the following link has some useful information on how to fix the error:

Fix iTunes Network Connection Timed Out & Error -3259 During iPhone Update

maybe too many guys to download it,so some can not connect to apple server

Check for itunes updates as dave suggested. Once thats all up to date, if it still doesnt work try disabling our firewall and/or antivirus software...

Get you iTunes uptodate. Switch off any antivirus software on the computer.

I'm having the same problem with my iphone 4 and everything is updated on my mac

sounds like its the internet connection.. try use the direct link to download the file or even on another connection

I agree with unleashed. That was my next suggestion. If you need the link let me know which phone you have and what firmware you want and I'll post the official link up...

The link I provided actually tells you exactly how to fix it, and in what order to try different things. It's most likely not the internet connection. My guess would be it's a firewall issue, or out-of-date iTunes. I suppose it's also possible that Apple is having server issues.

Hi,

Suppose im lucky that my unit came with that software loaded up.

Just keep trying.

No it is not fire wall because mine is not on and nor is it Internet connection...I'm just wait until iOS 5 comes out and try again

i just called my internet provider and they had slowed down my upload speed, can that be the problem