What's new

iphone 4 unlock

probably but the devs never release anything public in betas, any way of doing it atm is not official

Just done some reading up. They haven't released it yet but they've got it to work on 4.3 (kind of) They've found a way to use the same greenpoison exploit to jailbreak 4.1, 4.2.1, and 4.3 even though apple has obviously closed it. It involves tricking the phone into thinking its on 4.1 by using 4.1 SHSH's before jailbreaking 4.2.1 or 4.3 firmware. I think it's what they are going to use for the next redsnow update to jailbreak 4.2.1 untethered. Hopefully it can be ported for a few firmwares yet and can only be stopped by hardware update like the shatter exploit. Clever stuff...

yeah i read that on muscle nerds twitter and he says being "green" using the same exploit so they dont have to worry about burning a hole or saying until next fw because its moot... and im sure from the first beta they look into jailbreaking and unlocking it but they dont want to waste holes on betas that most ppl dont even upgrade to...

by the time its released my bet it will either be 16th or 23rd of feb so they have lots of time

I think by the time 4.3 is publicly released they will have 4.2.1 untethered and sorted out 4.3 untethered aswell. Heres hoping...

So I'm selling my current iPhone 4, and getting one with my network, can't be waiting for what could be weeks, months, or years for a unlock. I will probably no longer buy this one and sell my old one and then a unlock will be released, but oh well can't wait.

you would still probably get a new iphone locked to your carrier quicker but you never know with unlock.

so if im reading all this right by the time 4.3 they should have something to unlock 4.2.1?
Cause I have read that some 4.2.1 can be unlocked now but if your modem firmware is 3.10.01 there isnt a way to unlock yet. I am correct on this or still way out in left field?

so if im reading all this right by the time 4.3 they should have something to unlock 4.2.1?
Cause I have read that some 4.2.1 can be unlocked now but if your modem firmware is 3.10.01 there isnt a way to unlock yet. I am correct on this or still way out in left field?

yes you can unlock it if you have certain beasbend

These are instructions on how to unlock the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G for use with any GSM cellphone carrier using UltraSn0w. This will work with the iOS 4.2.1 firmware if you are on the 06.15.00 baseband.

Before you can follow these instructions you must have a jailbroken iPhone and you must be on the 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00, or 01.59 baseband(modem firmware).

To find your firmware and modem firmware(baseband) versions you can follow this tutorial.

If you are on T-Mobile remember to turn off 3G before starting...

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w

I got one for my carrier, and now I've reset it and it got past the emergency screen with my micro sim card, now I can't get any service it just says no service.

ok so i have firmware / baseband 3.10.01 Does this mean I'm out of luck to ever unlock my phone or just for now?

I got one for my carrier, and now I've reset it and it got past the emergency screen with my micro sim card, now I can't get any service it just says no service.

ok so you have an iphone locked to the carrier you use now, your 100% sure?

if so then did you cut the sim down to size yourself? you may have cut the sim badly if so...

did you connect it to itens and activate it? after a restore it should tell you to activate it if you kept it plugged in long enough.

ok so you have an iphone locked to the carrier you use now, your 100% sure?

if so then did you cut the sim down to size yourself? you may have cut the sim badly if so...

did you connect it to itens and activate it? after a restore it should tell you to activate it if you kept it plugged in long enough.

100% sure it's locked to my carrier, and I've bought a micro sim card from my provider. I did a restore and activated it, just now "no service" shows up.

try restore again, this time with this sim in.

i dont know why it would do that if you have a correct sim, are you holding it in death grip?

maybe try move around some where with possibly a better signal.

if all fails i would ring apple and give them the serial and ask whats wrong with the phone

They can let me know what's wrong with the phone? Can they somehow lock the phones or anything like that?

What do you mean by holding a death grip on it?