What's new

iphone 4 unlock

Can you give me some details about my iPhone 4? What I am capable of doing to it?

Tethered means if I turn it off it needs to be connected again correct? Also how long has it been since they've been trying to get an unlock for this firmware?

If you turn it off or have to reboot it.

They've been trying for the unlock since it came out. They've still been unable to unlock the 4.1 baseband which has been out sometime before September. Theres also an new baseband for 4.3 that's due out sometime in febuary...

yep... 04.09.00 on 4.3

i predict a feb 16th release if it ha around 5 betas and weekly releases.. beta 3 should be in two days. well see

yep... 04.09.00 on 4.3

i predict a feb 16th release if it ha around 5 betas and weekly releases.. beta 3 should be in two days. well see

So do they expect an unlock and untethered jailbreak for that baseband then?

i imagine at some time yes, but no word about it on the devs website, though they never mention anything about firmwares until they are officially released

probably but the devs never release anything public in betas, any way of doing it atm is not official

hmm, wonder WHY it's so hard for an unlock disappointed with my iPhone atm, not use to me atm, might have to sell it.

so many people for what ever reason buy the phone locked knowing they wont be able to use their sim card and have to have to rely on devs.. this is the first and biggest mistake, in 2007 when the iphone was locked to one carrier anywhere you bought it i had to rely on devs because it was not available in my country on any sim and still to this day is not available, so its sim free or nothing at all...and the devs would always delive unlock/jb with in the week, but seing how it is now i would never do that. even waiting a week was too much for me..

it may cost a lot more but at least you will have a phone you can use, or at least buy it locked to a carrier you use then its the same price still.

so many people for what ever reason buy the phone locked knowing they wont be able to use their sim card and have to have to rely on devs.. this is the first and biggest mistake, in 2007 when the iphone was locked to one carrier anywhere you bought it i had to rely on devs because it was not available in my country on any sim and still to this day is not available, so its sim free or nothing at all...and the devs would always delive unlock/jb with in the week, but seing how it is now i would never do that. even waiting a week was too much for me..

it may cost a lot more but at least you will have a phone you can use, or at least buy it locked to a carrier you use then its the same price still.

Very true, except I had known several people who unlocked there iPhone 4's. Which I thought was possible still if you had the proper firmware which wasn't updated already. However knowing that now is a big mistake which I will not make in the future.

yeah, if you had it on a unlockable fw maybe it would of been worth it and just not upgrade until there is a new unlock, but then it means you cant upgrade fw which obviously some people dont care about

exactly, but lets hope 4.3 brings out the best for untethered jailbreak and unlock.

probably but the devs never release anything public in betas, any way of doing it atm is not official

Just done some reading up. They haven't released it yet but they've got it to work on 4.3 (kind of) They've found a way to use the same greenpoison exploit to jailbreak 4.1, 4.2.1, and 4.3 even though apple has obviously closed it. It involves tricking the phone into thinking its on 4.1 by using 4.1 SHSH's before jailbreaking 4.2.1 or 4.3 firmware. I think it's what they are going to use for the next redsnow update to jailbreak 4.2.1 untethered. Hopefully it can be ported for a few firmwares yet and can only be stopped by hardware update like the shatter exploit. Clever stuff...