What's new

Iphone 4 unlock for Boost Mobile

KMD

Reaction score
Ok so I’m going to buy an IPhone 4 that’s jail broken so I can unlock it for boost mobile. Now I know different carriers use CDMA and GSM. Since sprint has the iPhone do I have to find one so I can unlock it for boost or can I use any carrier? Also to unlock it for boost what all will I need? The threads I’ve read have not been too specific and I don’t want to be unprepared. I currently have the Samsung Prevail through boost. Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Unfortunately, what you are trying to accomplish isn't possible. Boost Mobile is a CDMA wireless carrier... which means it doesn't use Sim cards. Only GSM (Sim card) iPhones can be user Unlocked for use on different GSM carriers.

Boost mobile does use sim cards in some phones though. Thats one of the items I believe I'm going to have to purchase

Boost mobile does use sim cards in some phones though. Thats one of the items I believe I'm going to have to purchase
Ahh ok... from the quick lookup I did on Boost Mobile in the US all I found was that it's a CDMA carrier. If it is a compatible GSM carrier as well... then it should work just fine. You'll just have to make sure your APN settings are correct to use data and MMS over their network w/ the iPhone.

Also, Sprint is only available w/ the 4S... not the iPhone 4. So you'll need to be on the lookout for an At&t iPhone 4 with an Unlockable Baseband.

Surprisingly at&t is easier to find lol, that must be why! So it would work to buy any carrier not just sprint(if it were available)? Also, if I buy a plain one would I need service on it before I can jailbreak it and then unlock it then switch to boost?

Well... you're not going to find a Sprint iPhone 4 because they don't exist. LOL!! You're only going to find an iPhone 4 for At&t and Verizon. Definitely use an At&t iPhone 4... and you won't need to worry about having service activated on it. Just purchasea cheapo Go-Phone sim to get past the activation process then you're good to go.

Ok so just buy both sim cards, nice! With android your contacts are synced with your gmail account and once I get my iphone I plan on deleting my gmail and strictly use my hotmail, any ideas on easy contact transfers?

I did look at Sprint's website... you are correct. Sprint does offer the iPhone 4. Sorry if that created any confusion. :-(

I am looking for a 32g though, I plan on switching my ipod to it to.

Ok so just buy both sim cards, nice! With android your contacts are synced with your gmail account and once I get my iphone I plan on deleting my gmail and strictly use my hotmail, any ideas on easy contact transfers?
Once you have your iPhone sync it w/ your Gmail account to aquire those contacts. Then... unallocate the Gmail account from iTune and sync your iPhone w/ your Hotmail account.

AWESOME! Thank you guys so much, you don't understand how much I appreciate all your help. The Iphone forums link will be added to my facebook in dedication to you! Thanks again!

AWESOME! Thank you guys so much, you don't understand how much I appreciate all your help. The Iphone forums link will be added to my facebook in dedication to you! Thanks again!
Not a problem!! Let us know how it works out and what kind of pricing you get using your iPhone on Boost.

I have a friend that recently got a 4S GSM activated on Boost. He pays $45 a month for their unlimited plan. Upon further inspection of the phone, the sales clerk in the store jail broke and unlocked it. Then sold him the phone.

I have a friend that recently got a 4S GSM activated on Boost. He pays $45 a month for their unlimited plan. Upon further inspection of the phone, the sales clerk in the store jail broke and unlocked it. Then sold him the phone.
$45/mo is pretty good!! I believe that's what a coulpe of our members are paying on Straight Talk as well for Unlimited. Did your friend purchase it a Carrier store or Apple store?