What's new

iPhone 4 suddenly dead, why did it happen?

Wikiboo

Reaction score
Yesterday I locked my iPhone and it wouldn't wake up, I found here somwehere that if I hold home + lock button it would reset, and it worked.
It's working fine all day now, but I'm worried if it happens again.

But my question is, why did it happen?
Is it software (iOS crash) or hardware issue?

Most likely software problem, sometimes it like your computer, it just need Ctl-ALT Delete to get it's thinking cap straightened out.

Your phone is basically a computer. Sometimes it crashes/freezes. It happens to us all. If it happens all the time then I would take it up with apple. If it only happens once in a blue moon then it's nothing to worry about...

How long have you had the phone and how many times has it happened...?

This is the 9th day, that's why it bugs me so much...

It happened yesterday, today it didn't happen

Give it until next week, if it happens again I would call apple...

Yep, will do that ;))

Hope this was the only time, thx!

It's happened to me about three times since September. I did jailbreak though...

Do you clear your 'Open' apps on a regular basis ???

double click your menu button and all your 'Open' apps will come up down the bottom... Press and hold one of the apps until they start shaking with the red circle with the - in the middle and close them all off.

My friends mums iPhone 4 crashed and she took it to get it repaired and thats all it was... She had far too many apps open, you should do this daily or at least a couple of times a week depending on how many various apps you actually use.