What's new

iPhone 4 stuck

jdmguy562

Reaction score
My friend has recently gave me a iphone that he dropped in water, it only turns on when its plugged in but it gets stuck at the apple logo. i tried restoring the phone and the same problem is occurring, is there any other way to fix this phone? Also do i need to buy a new battery?

I would suggest a full tear down of the phone and a proper cleaning to remove all traces of water and contaminants before going any further. That means every connection needs to be cleaned with a minimum of isopropyl alcohol or better.

Because if the only thing that was done was to allow it to dry naturally, the odds of the phone ever working 100% again is less than 5%.

I would suggest a full tear down of the phone and a proper cleaning to remove all traces of water and contaminants before going any further. That means every connection needs to be cleaned with a minimum of isopropyl alcohol or better.

Because if the only thing that was done was to allow it to dry naturally, the odds of the phone ever working 100% again is less than 5%.

okay thanks, if it helps when i unplugged it it turns all the way to the lock screen, but if i touch the slide bar it freezes, or if i plug it in it freezes. it will not go to the lock screen while being plugged in.