What's new

Iphone 4 Stuck on connect itunes screen (Error 1013 and 3004)

dlale

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
i have serious problem that i can’t use my iphone anymore.

1.I had unlocked jailbreaked iphone(ios 4.02) just a few days ago.

2. I tried my iPhone upgrade to 4.1 and retain original baseband(ios 4.02) and unlocked with Tiny Umbrella. But i couldn’t succeed it.
These are the steps i did it before;

a)I downloaded TinyUmbrella and iphone firmware 4.1
b) Closed iTunes
c) Started TinyUmbrella
d) Started the TTS Server
e) Started iTunes and restore to iOS 4.1
f) Accept the iOS 4.1 Update.
g) After the update is complete, iTunes showed the following error message: “The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1004).and “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes. I pressed “OK on each and proceed to the next step.
h) Returned to TinyUmbrella to select “kick device out of recovery but i couldn‘t

3.I tried to restore 4.02, then 4.1, later 4.2.1 dozens and dozens of time but i couldn’t succeed it.Every time i tried i was getting error 1013.

4.I tried restore by another computer but nothing changed.

5.c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts I’ve changed host file with notepad; Remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file.But this time error changed to 3004

6.I used to recboot, tiny umbrella and redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 to kick out of recovery mod but nothing changed.

i'm trying to (shift) restore now.
I’m just see ‘’connect itunes’’ screen with my iphone. i can’t see the emergency call either.What should I do ? Please experts help me ! I would appreciate your help ! asap!

Last edited:
Unlocked with tiny umbrella? Can you explain?

Perhaps the custom ipsw is corrupt. Try downloading/creating another...

I tried to download and restore again but it doesn't work.Could you advice to download a specific web address to correctly download custom ipsw?

Last edited:
I'm sorry for impatiance but i'm still waiting for help :(

I don't know where you can get reliable custom ipsw. Don't use them myself.

Do you have SHSH's backed up for 4.02? If so have you tried restoring to that using official firmware from apple? You can get it here...

I appreciate your help.I only have SHSH 4.2.1
clip_image002.gif
Creating custom firmware is only solutionI think. I am a windows user so i can't use pwnagetool.I'll try to creat virtual Mac OSX drive on my windows.Could you explain which steps should i follow pls?

Do you have SHSH's backed up for 4.02? If so have you tried restoring to that using official firmware from apple? You can get it here...

I appreciate your help.I only have SHSH 4.2.1 :( Creating custom firmware is only solutionI think. I am a windows user so i can't use pwnagetool.I'll try to creat virtual Mac OSX drive on my windows.Could you explain which steps should i follow pls?

If you want to keep your baseband so you can unlock, since you didnt save SHSH's you will need a custom ipsw.

Creating a hakintosh is not as simple as you might think. I looked into it to install it on my old thinkpad. In the end I didn't bother.

There are plenty of mac users on here perhaps if you ask nice enough one of them will cook you one on theirs or you could keep searching google and try a different one...

Thank you very much. I'll ty and turn back to you.

I find solution finally;
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
I’ve changed host file with notepad; Removed the line that has gs.apple.com completely and saved the file.But that time error changed to 3004

I shouldn't have remove whole line.What I need was to change JUST IP ADRESS and leave gs.apple.com!

I am using my phone as an ipod touch now but i'm ok with it.I'll wait for
offical jailbreak and unlock for ios 4.2.1 Thank you for your help
anyway.

Last edited:
i had issues with 4.1 and baseband 6.15 on a 3gs, i cooked a new firmware using the latest redsnow from dev team blog, i followed the steps on red snow (i had tiny umbrella tss server running, after the process it said connect to itunes, so i kicked out of recovery with tiny, then cydia wouldnt work (obviously cos it was tethered) so i ran limera1n and it works untethered, all fine!!!

dunno if it will help on iphone 4 and 4.2.1 but its worth a shot!!

Only early bootrom 3GS's work untethered on 4.2.1. 4.1 is untethered on all devices. Redsnow won't jailbreak 4.1.

Cydia still works on 4.2.1 tethered on later bootrom 3GS's and 4G...

i see, but with BB 6.15 you cant restore from stock .ipsw, so thats the method i had to use to get it working after giving it to a new user!!! its a long winded way but it means its unlocked and jailbroke!!! took me some time to figure out tooo!!! lol!!!

You cant if you've installed the iPad baseband but it doesnt work on the 4G. If you rely on the unlock you should always be updating using custom ipsw anyway...