What's new

iPhone 4 says to connect to iTunes, yet when I do nothing happens. Please help?

DialSquare

Reaction score
While doing the latest software update for my iPhone 4 yesterday something went wrong (I'm not sure what, I left the room), and now my phone doesn't work. When I attempt to turn it on it gives me this image (http://km.support.apple.com/library...OS/HT1808/HT1808-connect_to_itunes-002-en.png), and yet when I connect it to iTunes nothing happens.

I know it's not a USB problem because my computer still makes the noise that it receives it every time I plug or un-plug it, plus a few times it has said that it's installing the new device (successfully too).

I've tried uninstalling, then reinstalling iTunes, but that didn't work. I then did the same thing with everything Apple on my computer (Quicktime, Bonjour, Apple Software Update, etc) but that didn't work either.

I've tried restarting the Apple Mobile Device Service too, but that also had no effect. I also unsuccessfully tried to put the phone into recovery mode and DFU mode, but the most I can muster is turning the phone on and off. I've looked all over the web but I really am out of my depth here, so I would greatly appreciate any help that can be provide to me. Thank you.

(BTW, I obviously thought to connect Apple directly, but unfortunately they only help you for free during the first 90 days, and after that they require you to fork over $30 just to talk to someone)

I had similar problem. I solved it by removing everything what had to do with Apple software. First all the software and than manualy removed all entries in windows registry which had to do with Apple. After that new latest clean install of Itunes and that was it. Took me almost 3 hours, but it was worth it.

I had similar problem. I solved it by removing everything what had to do with Apple software. First all the software and than manualy removed all entries in windows registry which had to do with Apple. After that new latest clean install of Itunes and that was it. Took me almost 3 hours, but it was worth it.

Yes it is worth alot.