What's new

iPhone 4 recovery mode loop and error 21

1601... normally when iOS verification via iTunes gets held up by your Antivirus and/or firewall. Drop your antivirus and firewall then try again.

After doing that... use a different USB port on your computer. Sounds odd... but it makes a difference.

I have avast and microsoft security essentials and turned off both fire walls. Re did this and am currently waiting at the Preparing iPhone for restore screen

Uninstalled miscrosoft essentials, some geeks put it on for me. I noticed windows defender firewall was up just went and turned off re-doing this process

Just went into control panel.. system and security..windows firewall and have disabled that aswell. everything i am aware of is currently disabled

and again is taking a while to prepare to restore

Received error 1601, everything that i possibly know of firewall wise is tuned off. Avast, windows defender, and the windows firewall from my control panel.

Windows defender turned off, avast turned off, windows firewall from my control panel turned off, switched usb each attempt, ran redsnow as admin was able to put into pwned dfu, was able to find the downloaded ISPW you gave me and used that as a restore would receive a message saying it would restore it, one i didnt get before attempting that way it would keep itself at the "Preparing iPhone for backup.." and after about 2minutes i would receive the error 1601

I'll be honest w/ you, I'm at a loss at this point... I'm sorry. Hopefully someone will come along here before too long and point you in another direction that I'm missing.