What's new

iPhone 4 recovery mode loop and error 21

My phone was currently updated to the ios 6.0 version. The phone was also jailbroken within the year but it was taken off.

As willerz2 was saying above... used pwned DFU mode then Shift-Restore to the 6.0 IPSW via iTunes. pwned DFU happends via redsn0w... download here.. Dev-Team Blog. Here's your 6.0 IPSW....

Currently downloading the first link you provided.

Be sure and save them where they're easily accessable... make a folder on your desktop and put them both in it. Also... be sure to download the IPSW file using a browser other than Internet Explorer. Use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari... anything but IE. Once you have both redsn0w and your IPSW downloaded we'll get you going in the right direction.

Downloading through chrome, first link downloaded second one will be done in a few minutes

Both downloaded and are in a folder on my desktop, whats next?

You'll right click on the redsn0w.exe file and "Run as Administrator." Then choose the option for pwned DFU mode... you'll need your iPhone connected to the computer for this, of course. Once the pwned DFU mode process completes... you'll open iTunes (stop the Auto-sync if you have it enabled), hold Shift and click "Restore." This will bring up and Explorer box... you'll navigate to the 6.0 IPSW you have saved from just a bit ago. This will directly restore to the clean IPSW w/ your iDevice in pwned DFU mode.

It has been at the "Preparing iPhone for restore.." for 2+ minutes, this normal?

Just received an error message while trying to restore, one i have not encountered yet on this phone. (1601)