What's new

Iphone 4 lagging

honestmuggle

Reaction score
Hello friends,
From last week i have noticed that my iphone 4, 16gb is not running smoothly.
Its very slow and hv lagging problem.
How can i solve it?
Does it cause of installing a lot of apps?

I have still 9gb free space in my phone.
My ios ver is 5.0.1.

Thank you

honestmuggle said:
Hello friends,
From last week i have noticed that my iphone 4, 16gb is not running smoothly.
Its very slow and hv lagging problem.
How can i solve it?
Does it cause of installing a lot of apps?

I have still 9gb free space in my phone.
My ios ver is 5.0.1.

Thank you

Are you jailbroken? Either way, the best fix for this is to restore.

After restore, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP. Restore and setup as new. Don't restore from iTunes nor an iCloud backup. If you do.....it's very likely whatever was causing the horrible you speak of will just get backed up too. Make sense?

zig9449 said:
Are you jailbroken? Either way, the best fix for this is to restore.

After restore, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP. Restore and setup as new. Don't restore from iTunes nor an iCloud backup. If you do.....it's very likely whatever was causing the horrible you speak of will just get backed up too. Make sense?

Ok fine...no i am not jailbroken.
I will do restore without backup and lets see if it will work or not.
By the way thanks.

honestmuggle said:
Ok fine...no i am not jailbroken.
I will do restore without backup and lets see if it will work or not.
By the way thanks.

It will work;)

As long as you setup as new.

zig9449 said:
It will work;)

As long as you setup as new.

Thank you ! Its worked.
I restore it completely and setup as new without any previous backup.

honestmuggle said:
Thank you ! Its worked.
I restore it completely and setup as new without any previous backup.

Yup. Always does.lol ;)

appleiphonepro said:
do you close all ur open apps by double tapping the home button

That has no effect on virtually "anything". And it is better to "not close apps". iOS will handle this better than anyone could.

zig9449 said:
That has no effect on virtually "anything". And it is better to "not close apps". iOS will handle this better than anyone could.

You should close your apps. Not only will you be using up your ram keeping the apps running but will also drain you battery a lot quicker. I even asked the genius team in the apple store and they said you should close them.

enots27 said:
You should close your apps. Not only will you be using up your ram keeping the apps running but will also drain you battery a lot quicker. I even asked the genius team in the apple store and they said you should close them.

Them guys don't know what there talking about then. Do me a favor (humor me). Go to google and type in "how iOS multitasking really works".

Quitting apps makes the phone do more work than it needs to. It's 100% pointless. I can name a bunch of websites that will state just that. Real developers, not just some Apple fan boy enthusiast.

I know more about the iPhone than most "Apple Genius's" and that's a bet I will gladly take any day, any time. Closing apps in the switcher for nothing but make it look cleaner, clears an extremely small amount of RAM, and has absolutely NO EFFECT on battery whatsoever. Do you research please.

And 99% of all apps cannot "run in the background". They are only paused in RAM.

Last edited:
Even paused in the ram the app is still loaded into the ram. If I open every app I have on my iPhone I get catastrophic crashing with my apps then ios shuts itself down and restarts I tried the same on my mates iPhone 4s and it does the same apps crash gets slow and shuts down.

Tell you what.
We'll do our research , if you work on your spelling.
How does that sound ?

Sent from iPhone

spiritwalker said:
Tell you what.
We'll do our research , if you work on your spelling.
How does that sound ?

Sent from iPhone

I don't see a spelling mistake..,.......but then again I'm not the best speller in the world either. Plus I'm on my iPhone rite now. Auto-correction can mess your words up sometimes ya know.

Last edited:
enots27 said:
Even paused in the ram the app is still loaded into the ram. If I open every app I have on my iPhone I get catastrophic crashing with my apps then ios shuts itself down and restarts I tried the same on my mates iPhone 4s and it does the same apps crash gets slow and shuts down.

This has never happened to me.

Why bother to close apps when running in the background then ?
Why not just let them be if that's the case ?

Sent from iPhone