What's new

iPhone 4 - Jailbroken on 4.3.3

seemore

Reaction score
I am having a problem erasing the data on my JB Phone. I want to clear everything off before I sell it.

I went through the Settings-->General-->Erase and Restore but this just gets stuck showing the Apple Logo with a Status Bar that doesnt move.

It doesnt ask for a passcode either. I dont want to use the iTunes because I want to maintain the JB.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

What would you expect if you erased and restored the device? You have to restore the device now because you're displaying the recovery screen. The only way to make the iPhone operational again is to plug the device in, restore and rejailbreak.

I expected to 1. Erase the Data and 2 Not sure how the restore works but if its not connected to iTunes, I thought it would Restore on 4.3.3 of which I could Re-JB using 4.3.3 untethered. I am trying to avoid upgrading to 5.0 because I am not sure how to do the JB or if there is even a JB for 5.0. The person that wants to buy wants it JB but I want to erase all of my info.

Also the screen I am seeing, if I just hold down the Power and Home Screen it will restart back to my JB state.

Last edited: