What's new

Iphone 4? Ios7

Tristan

Reaction score
I've just had a person asking me is it ok to put ios 7 on iph 4, cphw says don't do it it makes the iph 4 slow and ends up unusable, so just wondering are they talking crap as usual or is it true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It depends on what you're using it for. But it's been agreed on that users with the iPhone 4 should be wary that iOS 7 is slower than iOS 6 despite having the iOS modified slightly to accomodate the lack of a GPU that matches that of the 4S and above. If they're looking towards iOS 7, it's recommended that you have blobs for iOS 6 of some kind saved first prior to their iOS 7 upgrade. If they did not save iOS 6 blobs, it's recommended that they not restore to iOS 7.

Here is a thread posted right as the new iOS was coming out. I decided to go ahead and download it on my iPhone 4. I would agree that some of the apps are "laggy" but otherwise I have no complaints about the operation of it. My complaints are with the graphics...which are terrible, IMHO. I would highly recomment you find someone that has it and see what you think of it first.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/ios-forum-13/ios-7-iphone-4-a-60486/