What's new

iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 won't turn on after jailbreak

DefendTheHouse

Reaction score
What happened was that I was trying to jailbreak my iPhone using redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and when the jailbreak was almost complete, it got an error and the jailbrake was canceled. After that, I tried turning on the iPhone, but the screen stayed black, so then I tried "Just Boot" in redsn0w, still didn't work. The I tried to restore it using iTunes (I have the latest version), but when it got the "Preparing iPhone to Restore" it got error 1601. Then I tried using a different USB cable and plugging it into a different port, then it changed to error 3194. I then tried to edit the host file and turn off my anti-virus like people suggest, and it changed back to 1601. I then tried to restore from a different computer (which also has the latest version of iTunes) and it still got error 1601. Then I did the process with Tiny Umbrella (unchecking the Cydia SHSH thing). The iPhone won't turn on at all.
NOTE:
-I won't pay money for software or download anything that requires a survey.

check your hosts file and make sure either the gs.apple has a # in front or the line is deleted entirely.

To restore your iPhone just put in DFU mode and do a fresh restore in itunes.

Try restoring with RedSn0w. And do make sure that you're using the proper IPSW. The iPhone 4 does have 3 different IPSW since it has 3 different models, the iPhone3,1 , the iPhone3,2 and iPhone3,3.