What's new

iPhone 4 Internal Error Code 28 07

ben.rolph

Reaction score
While using my iPhone 4 (running iOS 6.1) that I recently bought second hand from ebay, an error message will randomly pop up saying "Internal Error Code 28 07" with the option to either accept or cancel. No matter what I select it will always take me back to what I was doing and nothing will be wrong. I have read a lot about this error being to do with being stuck in restore mode, not being able to sync etc, however none of these apply for me. At the moment it is not so much of a problem as nothing is actually wrong with it, however it would be nice if anyone knew a fix for this because it is quite annoying. I was considering taking it to my nearest apple store this weekend to see if they have anything to say about it, however it is about an hours drive away so decided to post here, and many other places, first.

tl;dr Internal Error Code 28 07 keeps coming up but nothing seems to be wrong. Anyone have a simple fix?

Last edited:
If your iPhone 4 is a GSM based (TMobile or AT&T) phone, then the odds are your SIM has a fault in it memory. I would get the SIM replaced if that is the case.