What's new

Iphone 4 crashes occasionally

OliB2BVares

Reaction score
My iphone just crashes sometimes it is jailbroken on ios 5.0.1 and it just stays on the screen where it has crashed and you can't hard reset my PC it seems to mend it but not straight away! What is the problem and what is causing it? it still continues to persist and it is annoying when you got things to be getting on with.

I do not want to restore because it will update to 5.1

OliB2BVares said:
My iphone just crashes sometimes it is jailbroken on ios 5.0.1 and it just stays on the screen where it has crashed and you can't hard reset my PC it seems to mend it but not straight away! What is the problem and what is causing it? it still continues to persist and it is annoying when you got things to be getting on with.

I do not want to restore because it will update to 5.1

You have iPhone 4 right? Get iFaith 1.4.2 from ih8sn0w.com.

Extract to your desktop, open it.

Plug in phone.

Click on "Dump SHSH Blobs".

Follow directions.

This will extract and save your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs even tho Apple is not signing 5.0.1.

You must download the 5.0.1 IPSW (please make sure it's the right one for CDMA or GSM), and build a signed IPSW with your iFaith blobs and the IPSW.

It saves to your desktop.

This way, if you have to restore, you can restore to that 5.0.1 IPSW...and it will work.

But try disabling Mobile Substrate Addons. One at a time till the springboard stops crashing.

You can do this with SBSettings or Springtomize 2.

Last edited: