What's new

iphone 4 charging very very slow

joni1980

Reaction score
Hi

Goog morning to everyone,i am a new member so alittle dumb as this is my first i phone i had.My problem is that my phone is charging extremely slow,I tried using ccharging it to my pc and even to a wall socket but still is the same.I left to charge connected to a wall socket for about18hours and the battery meter went from 18 per cent to 31 per cent.

can someone help me fix this issue pls
(it has the latest iOS5.1.1 update )

tks

jonathan

Hi

Goog morning to everyone,i am a new member so alittle dumb as this is my first i phone i had.My problem is that my phone is charging extremely slow,I tried using ccharging it to my pc and even to a wall socket but still is the same.I left to charge connected to a wall socket for about18hours and the battery meter went from 18 per cent to 31 per cent.

can someone help me fix this issue pls
(it has the latest iOS5.1.1 update )

tks

jonathan

Not good. Is the iPhone under warranty?? If so, RUN to the store where you purchased it. Or use your direct Apple warranty if applicable. Also..... did you charge the phone with power off?? In other words, perhaps you have some running apps that really drain your battery, even when charging. Does your phone EVER charge to 100% and if so, does it drain VERY fast? If yes to all the above, you have some serious app drain going on. Get back with us....

I think there will be a two issue weather your charger has been threat or might be battery is main problem so you can't charge your mobile well. So first of all you should charge any other friend's phone with your charger if everything if fine so battery is problem that you have to replace quickly.

If the phone is under warranty you may show it to a Apple care otherwise ckeck the voltage of the adapter and the main line of electricity. Because it requires high voltage.

tort11 said:
If the phone is under warranty you may show it to a Apple care otherwise ckeck the voltage of the adapter and the main line of electricity. Because it requires high voltage.

It requires 5 volts DC. That isn't even close to high.

It's generally a good thing that your iPhone battery charges slow.

In my experience, the slower it charges..the longer the battery lasts.

However your particular situation looks like a very defected battery.

I would order a new battery from Apple or just take it in for service....that kind of charging speed is just not good at all.