What's new

Iphone 4 cannot connect to internet.

Kane_Bennett

Reaction score
Hello,

As of this weekend just gone i cannot connect to the internet or any internet based apps on my phone although it has very good 3G signal.
I have tried various things like toggling airplane mode on off making sure all settings are correct including APN.
I have also called my carrier all settings are ok also tried changing my sim card yet to no avail.
Does anyone have a fix for this?

thanks.

Ive had a somewhat similar problem recently, seem to have fixed it just by powering the phone off for 5 minutes and then turning it on again - not sure if it's fixed for good or if I'm going to continue to have problems.
If this doesn't work, is there a possibility the wifi antenna isn't working? This was suggested to me by my carrier when they couldn't find an explanation. You need to take it Apple to diagnose this though, as it's an internal antenna - which means you'll have to pay for them to check it out.
Hopefully somebody here may come up with a better diagnosis for you.

Could be the wifi chip fried, I dropped mine and over a couple of months the wifi slowly died, I was lucky and phone no4 was just in its 90 day warranty and Apple swapped it out