What's new

iPhone 4 16gb black from China HELP!

acabrera23

Reaction score
So I have an iphone 4 16 gb black and I think it originally came from China because the previous sim card wasn't tmobile or at&t. I did the factory reset on it and now the phone tells me I must put in a sim card in order to activate the phone. I took it to an at&t store and asked if there is any way to see if the phone is compatible with at&t at all. the said the only way they can check is if i purchase a brand new sim card (the micro sd one) and activate the phone under my account with an iphone plan. I told them I don't want to do that because iphone plans are expensive.

Basically, bottom line is, I want to sell the phone. However, I can't get it to activate and work normally without a sim and I am not using mine! I just want it to work so I can jail break it and sell it.

Please help! thanks!

Im no expert with jail breaking but i looked at youtube videos to see how you do it. Go to youtube and search for unlocking iphone 4 jailbreak

Someone might have done a baseband unlock on it and activated it on another carrier, not necessarily in China. All iPhones come from China to begin with, that is where they are built. What carrier was the SIM for?

I am assuming that you purchased the phone pre-owned and that is why you are unsure of its origins?