What's new

Iphone 3GS

meeky555

Reaction score
Hey, I bought an IPhone 3gs from a friend, its locked on ORANGE, and I am using GiffGaff which runs on 02.
Ok, Its an updated Iphone 3gs running on 5.0.1, will i be able to get this unlocked from a phone shop? I don't want to phone Orange as my friend was only using an orange payg sim. Which he binned and Joined GiffGaff.. So is there anyway I can get this unlocked?

Hey, I bought an IPhone 3gs from a friend, its locked on ORANGE, and I am using GiffGaff which runs on 02.
Ok, Its an updated Iphone 3gs running on 5.0.1, will i be able to get this unlocked from a phone shop? I don't want to phone Orange as my friend was only using an orange payg sim. Which he binned and Joined GiffGaff.. So is there anyway I can get this unlocked?

Orange will probably unlock it for you if you show them that you are a customer still and for a small fee

I'm on giffgaff and I found that the giffgaff community help pages were more than helpfull with no fee

I'm on giffgaff and I found that the giffgaff community help pages were more than helpfull with no fee

he meant they charge to unlock.. but thats easy to avoid and I am not 100% sure on this one but I am pretty sure GG charge to do unlocks as well

GiffGaff is all very well and good and they reward their customers who help others and pass on their sims.. one month I got around £50 for getting 5 people to sign up to the network and while all that is all well and good they do use the o2 network and offer a decent amount of data per month for cheaper then 3 offer it, the only other uk isp to offer unlimited.. well actually GG is limited as if you use too much they will and have said something about a 1% of users who abuses it but the lack of real support I found is not good and eventually they will have a data limit.. I recently moved to 3 from GG and their support is a lot better.