What's new

Iphone 3Gs Stuck after getting too hot

BigDustinB

Reaction score
So ive had my Iphone 3gs jailbroken and unlocked for a couple years. its on 5.1.1 right now. I only use it for games and music and not for calls or anything. It doesnt have a sim installed. I had it in my truck for music and it got really hot and hsutdown. its happened before but usually gives me the temperature warning and after it cools off everything is fine.

However this time is now boots up and says activation required. if I slide to unlock it gives me the connect to itunes screen. It also reboots randomly. However if I connect it to itunes it wont recognize my device.

Ive tried putting it in recovery mode and restoring and it gives error 3194. I then tried using a custom ipsw with my old shsh blobs and trying to downgrade to 4.1 or 3.3 etc. It then gives me error 1600 or 1602. I then put it in DFU mode and tried again and now all it does is give me error 23.

The weird thing is I know all my stuff is still there since I can go into it using ifunbox and see all my apps, music, pics, etc.

So whats my next step now? Ive tried everything to restore it. I dont care if i lose all my stuff its just for music really anyways. I just need it to work again. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Well for anyone who has an issue like this I solved it. I just used redsn0w and re jailbroke it. It opened up and activated it again. I dont get any more connect to itunes. And best part it didnt wipe or erase a single thing.

Thanks for posting your resolution. It may help someone else with the issue in the future. Glad you were able to resolve it! And also, welcome to iPhone Forums!